No announcement yet.

K24-7200 hybrid and injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah #8 turbine housings are rare, I have one that is sold to another member along with most of my spare turbo parts.

I'm very happy with the K26/7 on my RS2, that only has a #6 turbine housing but the cold -side is a good deal larger than stock, It feels much quicker than a stock RS2 and seems to gives a wider spread of torque than a stock K24 7200. MTM did a nice job of mapping it so it's getting left alone other than a straight forward rebuild when I fully restore the car.

I do have a stock RS2 turbo I'm keeping should if for some reason I want to return the car to stock, which is highly unlikely.

Your very lucky to get Dimitri to live map your car, bet it fly's!

I wonder if he still sell's chip sets for S2's?

The one he did for my 3B was very good for a generic map but it was nearly 10 years ago I purchased it and I think he's moved on to more modern stuff.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Wow! Great setup but... Your Hotside is k26 #6 or a k24 #6 (like RS2 turbo)?

I'm sure that your turbo is a K27 coldside and a k26 #6 hotside
      True?
      An old turbo but very powerful one

Ps. I'm very grateful with Dimitri's job
      It's a very professional. W/O any info from me, he noticed a lot of my little tricks in the car. And obviously the remap is for my specific setup.

2Ps. On my group (Club5Cyl) are some generic remaps from PRJ and they goes very very smooth

3ps. Yess... Dimitri don't work on our old ecus anymore (sad)
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's a great set up especially considering it's nearly 30 years old, yes the turbo uses the 56mm exit #6 K26 turbine housing. Nice thing is it all looks pretty stock until one spots the cold-side housing and for some reason they used a 3B MAF/Turbo hose.

The stock RS2 turbine housing is a bit of an oddity, it's more like K26 #6 just with a smaller exit as opposed to a K24 #6, did you change the shaft for a full size 55mm K26 one to use #8 turbine housing?

OP, I'd visit this guys group and see if you can find some generic RS2+ software there, you won't go far wrong if PRJ wrote it.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
        X