No announcement yet.

Nissens water radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can make a custom alu radiator. The core I use is made by AKG(they make high-quality radiators and heat exchangers for years)
    20220208_133541.jpg 20220208_133541.jpg
    Team RS
    Grundey Intake

Comment

Regarding the bottom rad bobbin, mine was ******ed so ended up replacing with a generic job as part is NLA. Always prefer original but this is one of those make do and mend cases.

Ordered this:
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07LF2C5YX M8x23 40x40mm bobbin

Had to hacksaw the thread to length but it's doing the job. Part of thread on original part had broken off.

​​

Last edited by Obli; 18 December 2022, 23:22.

Comment

Yep, did the same for mine with the rubber bobbin.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the additonal information.

I've had a better look at the top header tank and the wave crimp at the front right of the rad is nowhere near straight, it is precisely this area where crystalised pink coolant sits so I'm pretty confident that crimping this area will fix the problem.

Here's hoping I can accomplish this with the rad still in place and avoid having to touch the bobbin. If I'm not so lucky then I know how to tackle it.

grundey that's a good looking rad build, how much are they and do you offer them with the header tanks with a black anodised finish?

Comment

Hi guys, my 3b coolant system isnt pressurising,losing a small amount of coolant somewhere, the heaters warm but not hot,heater matrix replaced around 8 years ago, the radiator looks ok what I can see of it, cant see any traces of coolant around it, the bleed screw at the bulkhead hose looked a bit weepy, I darent try to tighten it as it'll probably break, has anyone found out what thread it is or found a suitable bolt or similar to plug the hole with? I did open the bleed nut on top of the radiator there was air in the system. Not sure what else to try...I did notice pink coolant residue on the ally just below one injector? no idea where that came from.. Any ideas anyone?
            :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X