Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat replacement Audi 2.3E NG

Hi all,

In my quest off tackling my Cabriolet's cooling issues, I've tried to replace the thermostat today. I can't however figure out how to access the 2 bolts holding in the thermostat shroud (number 1 & 16 in belows picture). Does anyone know how to access these bolts? The power steering pump & the left-side radiator trim are in the way. The Audi workshop manual just tells me to remove top radiator trim, which I did, and then screw out the two bolts holding the thermostat shroud. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luuk,
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would just undo the pas pump ( leave the pipes connected) and move to the right to give access.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hmm, that's what I figured. Do you perhaps have any tips regarding the tensioning of the belt after placing back the pump? I've never removed nor replaced a accesory belt, so I was hoping there was an alternative way of reaching the thermostat.

Comment

I only just got around to working on the Cabriolet again. For other people looking for it; Dave's advice has worked out great, and made replacing the thermostat a breeze. Tightening the power steering pump belt again is also pretty easy with the "gear tensioner" that Audi uses on these models
        Last edited by Luuk813; 17 August 2023, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
        X