wastegate screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wastegate screw

can anyone tell me how to remove the little tamper proof piece on top of the wastegate to allow adjustment please?
    93 ABY S2

Stock waste gate as far I remember is not adjustable, it why superchips and a few other tuners back in the day modified them to be adjustable.

The one on the right is the one I removed on my S2, as I wanted to put the car back to a stock MAP and wastegate.

Comment

Ah i was reading all be it 2019 on here that people were adjusting there wastegate by screwing up or down depending what spring they had. Ie 1.9 bar spring wind right out or wind in if stock spring
      93 ABY S2

Comment

This is what is under the plug http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/parts_...ts/wginst.html

There is no adjustably on the standard gate, you can buy my adjustable cap and spring if you want an adjustable version as I'm never putting it back on my car.

Comment

Lol yeah see that thats how i got cap off.. will pm..
          93 ABY S2

Comment

Originally posted by nw66 View Post
            can anyone tell me how to remove the little tamper proof piece on top of the wastegate to allow adjustment please?
            Drill a hole in the cap and screw in a self tapping screw then pull it out. Or drill slightly larger hole and lever it out with the screwdriver.
            Measure the depth of the Allen bolt or count the visible threads so that you know what the stock setting is.
            Now the Allen bolt is secured with some high temperature loctite product, you'll need to heat the cap till spit boils on it to get the bolt moving, remove the bolt completely, clean and copper grease it and you're ready to play. You can actually screw the bolt down a little on a standard car and improve spool without the ECU complaining. A stronger spring which gives more boost at part throttle and makes the car feel livelier will often trip the ECU into boost cut or limp mode but can sometimes be compensated for by unscrewing the WG bolt. Some chipsets come with a stronger spring and require setting of the base line spring boost, this is accomplished by driving the car WOT with the N75 disconnected and measuring the boost given by the spring.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

cheers bud have got the tamper proof bit off, yeah the screw is proper glued in will get some heat on and try.. if chipset is correct it should be 280bhp.. have a 1.9bar spring have read can use but wind screw right out or as you said wind standard one in..
              93 ABY S2

Comment

Working...
              X