No announcement yet.

Strange no start issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that . I just need to find out which model sigma alarm I have .
    it was in the car when I bought it around 20 years ago . It is fob operated with central locking and a key pad but , I don’t have a code . Sigma is written on the single button fob and the keypad . It also has a red led on the dash.
    There no lights on and nothing works at the moment .
    I have to take it out but just a bit apprehensive about doing it

Comment

There was no factory alarm on my 1990 3B... The was however at least two aftermarket ones that didn't work so they went in the bin and my central locking returned to life.

All the wires are black to try and make it more difficult to bypass, it was part of the Thatcham rules for a code one alarm. Undo any non standard looking cable ties and remove all the insulation tape that's obviously not stock and you soon find the factory colour coded tails. You simply need to reconnect them one at a time if you're feeling overwhelmed. I've done so many now I just pull the lot out then reconect everything trying to use wire the same colour as factory stuff, which reminds me my C4 still has the remains of one I need to get around to removing. There will be a wire going to each door light swich as well the boot and they add a crappy switch under the bonnet as a rule.

Edit... Remember to disconnet the battery before attacking it.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I have discovered it’s a sigma SG30

Comment

That shouldn't be too hard to do away with, honestly it's really straight forward, once you've done it you'll wonder why you were worried.

Comment

Thanks . Yes we are getting there. Car now starts , lights work but no indicators at the moment .

Comment

How are you getting on? If you want any advice do feel free to ask me, as I've said I ripped at least a dozen such systems out. A really good installation can take a while to remove but as a rule they're not very well installed.

I had a Sigma fitted to my first Golf GTI back when insurance companys made them madatory, I actually think it was the same model as yours, it was an SG something anyway. That got left in the when I sold after it after a couple of years to get a Corrado VR6, the muppet who had it crashed it badly within a week.

Comment

Fixed the indicators ,faulty switch. All that’s left is putting all the stuff back .

Comment

Nice one, you'll be much happier with your car without it,

Comment

Working...
                  X