It's Running Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
    It went after teh car got warm and the fan cycling started - it is thick oil - 15W60 so probably took a bit longer to stop that noise. It was a releif when it did stop!
    Which oil did you go for in the end, mate?
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Hey there Doug, looking good! I still have the bumper if you need a cut n shut, one perfect bracket and one missing!

I'm back! Been sooooo busy with work and stuff.

Like the idea of losing the aux rad, what rad do you need to fit to allow that? Losing my air con would make sense (it doesn't work anyway!), and hey a short shift too, I've been thinking about that! Not enough cash yet...

Selling my 10v Coupe Quattro, maybe the buyer will have my bumper as it happens? Probably getting a 20v CQ to replace it as my second car (almost identical looks to Kitty except for bumper and wheels - even the colour is the same, and leather).

Kitty died on me this morning ...looks like a lack of fuel delivery...

Annoying, as I was due on a shoot on Saturday in Derbyshire!

Some ****** dented my door too!!!

Kitty speedo will be changed this week, and hopefully she'll be running so that I can test it out!

Check out my site, one new gallery, and more stuff to come soon!

See ya around folks...

__MDC__
      Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Which oil did you go for in the end, mate?
        I just stuck with Castrol RS - works out at £32ish for 4.5 litres (buying 2off 4 litres at a time) - delivered to the door.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
          Hey there Doug, looking good! I still have the bumper if you need a cut n shut, one perfect bracket and one missing!
          Got all the bits - I just need to make some plates to hold them solidly in place - cheers anyway.

Like the idea of losing the aux rad, what rad do you need to fit to allow that? Losing my air con would make sense (it doesn't work anyway!), and hey a short shift too, I've been thinking about that! Not enough cash yet...
          Kept the original main rad - others haven't had problems - and loosing the air con rad should mean the main rad is more effective. My air con stopped working - becasue of a leak somewhere - and for all it got used, one week a year, I though I would take it out. The short shift kit was on offer and worked out a bout £55 delivered to your door - but think the offer has finished - although you could ask - look in group buy section.

Comment

@ sid spud, that unmarked silver merc on the M74 is SA02GBY, saw it last week when driving down. Or at least thats one of them.

Chris
            Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Excellent stuff Doug!!

Looking forward to seeing it and you lot again at Greg's!!!
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

sorry to thread hijack -
                but that cop car sounds about right - but an auto? how lazy!

http://www.rac.co.uk/myrac/vehicle_d...go.x=26&go.y=7

Comment

Good news Doug, glad the tub is up and running! So do you fancy buying some Eurospec conrods? LOL. I am!! Bring on the boost! Access is great with that **** removed, but I love AC too much to remove it! Dont spose the sun comes out up there does it?
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
                    PS you know what I was saying to you about those RS2 H/lamp washers do yours have a non return valve fitted to the line?
                    I think the non-return valves are these right angle things:
                    Attached Files

Comment

And a picture of the brackets that hold the box sections on properly. Bumper is ready to go to the bodyshop now.

Tom - If I have to do any more work on the engine I will buy those rods - what are they good for - if they can cope with my turbo and max out the torque then I would do that. Are the standard pistons good enough?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Doug, I know of someone in the US who has achieved 400 HP at the wheels on Eurospec rods with an S4 and AAN motor. Compression ratio dropped to around 8.3:1.

Stock pistons are ok according to MTM and Dahlback for up to 550 HP, you'll just need to have them machined to lower the compression ratio in order to go that high. The only problem going to 480-ish on your car with that turbo is the RS2 EM and the hot side that are a bit too restrictive, I've already heard from several tuners in Germany that those HP levels were achievable but bad for the turbo's long term reliability....

Cheers,

Mihnea
                        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                        info@MRCTuning.com
                        Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                        X