No announcement yet.

20v Na Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, NM is not a crap, but it develops too low torque at the bottom, so some day I'll swap a 3B in my coupe or prepare my NM for low boost
    Porkkis would you be so kind and explain the differences in 3B engines a little bit more detailed ?

Are you able to describe differences in ECU software for both cars ? I'm using stock 200 soft in my b2q currently, so I need to know what would be the difference comapring to stock S2 software. For now I don't want to remap of the ECU because I don't know how much torque the 90quattro gearbox is able to handle.

-Flywheel: is the wheel lightened in S2 comparing to 3B200 ? What is the difference ?
    -Breather ??
    -Oil pan if S2 with A/C: I heard that 3B has weak oil pans, is it true ? Should I upgrade it ?
    Audi 90 B2 20V turbo quattro (3B)
    Audi Coupe 20V quattro (NM)

Comment

You can get it remapped. B2Q gear boxes can take what ever you can produce. They are durable, very durable.

I actually don't know all the differences between 200 and S2 software but there are some. I probably could find out but it's quite time consuming and I'd say meaningless.
      200 boost a bit more (about 0.05 bar or so).

Breather hoses are different. Don't know flywheel mass differences but probably they are a bit different. The main difference is that needle bearing is in the crank in 200's and in FW in S2's.
      200 has 016 series GB as does B2Q and therefore 2003B FW is the right choise with typ81/85 cars.

Weak oil pans.. errm. No.
      -

Comment

Q for the NM owners here, do your cars have catalytic converters?

Thanks, Mark.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, because I haven't been under the car yet, but there are no markings about the cat in the registration documents, and etka suggests that there is no lambda probe -> no cat.

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
            Q for the NM owners here, do your cars have catalytic converters?

Thanks, Mark.

Mark, there is no catalytic converter in those cars. There is a little box in exchaust similar to cat box, but it has just a pipe inside
            Also there is no lambda probe and charcoal canister system.
            Audi 90 B2 20V turbo quattro (3B)
            Audi Coupe 20V quattro (NM)

Comment

OK... I'm late but I'm here LOL Let's see... MIne is a 90' Coupe Quattro NM 2.0L 20V N\A. It really does NOT have torque, the car is a lot heavy for an engine like that... the only thing I like is that above 4500rpm you feel when the torque starts otherwise to reach that rpm you need a little of patience.... starting from zero is a sh#t... after 3rd gear at more than 4600rpm the car begins to go "fast". I've modified my ecu chip to get a little more torque in the bottom end rpms and to get a little more gas through the bigger injectors I have ... always keeping (aprox) the 14.7:1 air\fuel ratio, car's is better but still having a 2.0 litre engine torque. I hope to get and install the 3B soon and forget the torque problem I have.

And like VenetoRS2 said... before the taxes problem was with the displacement...now is with the power... unless you are not saying to the people you have another bigger or turboed engine.
              - Looking for a S2
              - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
              - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone !My engine is NM 2.0l 20v.It is clumsy until reach 3500rpm.The car is 90 quattro(sedan ) without catalytic converter,there is no lambda probe too.

Comment

Did the 200 not have the K26 turbo and the S2 3B have the K24
                  93 S2 Avant Parting
                  91 URQ RR
                  02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Working...
                  X