Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gr8 now we have 3 different sets of data for the 7a cams.
    Can anyone confirm which data is correct ?

S2 Coupe fully built.
    10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
    Precision 6262 turbo
    The Green Monster

Comment

At the moment...

This was the actual measuered data on the 7a cam

Inlet:
      Opens 6° AFTER(not before) TDC, closes 38° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm.

Thanks Audi CQ
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Faheemo View Post
        Gr8 now we have 3 different sets of data for the 7a cams.
        Can anyone confirm which data is correct ?
        I've measured two sets of cams and they both gave same data as posted earlier:

Inlet:
        Ex.
        Opens 42° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 219°, lift 10,3mm

Myth busted

Cheers,
        Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
          I've measured two sets of cams and they both gave same data as posted earlier:

Inlet:
          Ex.
          Opens 42° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 219°, lift 10,3mm

Myth busted

Cheers,
          Roger
          How do you measure the cams ?

The new data means that thers no overlap in the 7a cams.
          also the duration is less than what was originally thought b4.
          can the inlet cam now be advanced say 6 deg ( with individual cam sprockets ) will this improve low speed torque ? (still no overlap)

Or alternatively what would be the best settings with indivdual adjustable cam sprockets to :
          1. maximise hi speed power
          2. Maximize low speed torque.
          (not related together)

S2 Coupe fully built.
          Precision 6262 turbo
          The Green Monster

Comment

Faheemo if you want to maximise aceleration than you have to maximise hi rev torque
            AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
              Faheemo if you want to maximise aceleration than you have to maximise hi rev torque
              Understood - What do i need to do WRT advancing or retarding the 7a cams to maximise the acceleration. ( I have adjustable cam sprockets)

Inlet cam data as we now know is :
              AAN, ABY, 3B___ Opens 3° ATDC, closes 25° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm
              ADU___________ Opens 13° ATDC, closes 35° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm?
              Opens 6° AFTER ATDC, closes 38° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm.

All this cam data is confusing me, as i understand it-
              ADU Inlet cams are 10deg retarded to give less lag WRT aby,3b cam
              7a cam gives more lag due to longer duration higher lift but is retarded 3 deg compared to ABy, 3b ,AAN. ?

can i advance 7a cam to give more hi speed torque.
              similarly what can be done to Ex cam to maximise acceleration ?
              Not worried about lag.

S2 Coupe fully built.
              Precision 6262 turbo
              The Green Monster

Comment

Originally posted by Faheemo View Post
                How do you measure the cams ?

The new data means that thers no overlap in the 7a cams.
                also the duration is less than what was originally thought b4.
                can the inlet cam now be advanced say 6 deg ( with individual cam sprockets ) will this improve low speed torque ? (still no overlap)

Or alternatively what would be the best settings with indivdual adjustable cam sprockets to :
                1. maximise hi speed power
                2. Maximize low speed torque.
                (not related together)
                The NM (2.0 20v) has the same inlet cam as 7A but 6 degrees advanced (open at 0 close 32ABTC). Could give better low speed torque, but really need a dyno to be sure

Measure cams like this with a degree wheel mounted to the crank:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
                  The NM (2.0 20v) has the same inlet cam as 7A but 6 degrees advanced (open at 0 close 32ABTC). Could give better low speed torque, but really need a dyno to be sure

Measure cams like this with a degree wheel mounted to the crank:
                  I'll be running both NM inlet and exhaust in my car later this year, hoping for good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    I'll be running both NM inlet and exhaust in my car later this year, hoping for good results.
                    Keep us posted with results

Comment

Here interesting cam values of the stroker TT RS: 10,7mm and 10mm lift. Cam opening times also here.

Last edited by Tommy200rs; 18 January 2010, 20:56.

Comment

Redone info

Inlet

NM ___________ Opens 0° ATDC, closes 32° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm?
                        7A____________ Opens 6° ATDC, closes 38° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm

Exhaust

AAN, ABY, 3B__ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 9° BTDC, duration 213°, lift 8,6mm
                        ADU__________ Opens 24° BBDC, closes 1° ATDC, duration 205°, lift 9,5mm
                        NM __________ Opens 35° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm
                        7A___________ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 219°, lift 10,5mm

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          Redone info

Inlet

NM ___________ Opens 0° ATDC, closes 32° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm?
                          7A____________ Opens 6° ATDC, closes 38° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm

Exhaust

AAN, ABY, 3B__ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 9° BTDC, duration 213°, lift 8,6mm
                          ADU__________ Opens 24° BBDC, closes 1° ATDC, duration 205°, lift 9,5mm
                          NM __________ Opens 35° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm
                          7A___________ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 219°, lift 10,5mm
                          Jamo
                          did you ever get a decent dyno chart for NM cams?
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

Working...
                          X