400 and 500 hp difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 and 500 hp difference?

i know that s2 and rs2 can go around 400 hp with turbo and software upgrade with reasonable cost.

but what about 500hp , is it just bigger turbo and bigger injectors?or does it need lots of parts.?
    Quattro

For 500 HP you need at least the following:

-SQ or better exhaust manifold
    -at least K27/29 turbo
    -BIG injectors
    -BIG exhaust system
    -GOOD rods
    -Less compression ratio (machined pistons)
    -Head porting and polishing
    -Bigger intercooler
    -good remapping.
    -good gas

Hope this helps,

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea;
      just curious ; i am not going to make but want to know: how much do i have to spent to receive 500 hp from a rs2?
      thnx
      Quattro

Comment

It will cost loads Timucin - there are a lot more mods than in Mihneas list - it's all the small things that will add up.

If you change to a SQ manifold you will need a custom downpipe.

You will also need custom intake system.

You will also need custom oil and coolant lines.

If you change the rods, you will change to head studs, change bearings, get the crank balanced, get the flywheel lightened, get a new clutch.

If you get a bigger intercooler, you will probably need a custom crossmember, a wagner style inlet manifold, more custom hoses.

It starts getting very scarey :eek2:
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

himm... ok lets forget this and turn to the original plan
          goal is
          1: to run the car properly
          2: 400-420 hp max in belgium

no more tuning alternatives
          Quattro

Comment

And don't forget a new MAF!!!!

Timucin,
            Ricardo and I are having problems with MAF.

First Ricardo broke 4 MAFs. I thought that it was due to the oil from the breather.
            Now, I upgraded my turbo and tried to run a higher boost, but the MAF gave up at 1,5bar of boost, and I have no oil return to the intake. It was running ok with 1,2bar. When I rose the boost and went to test drive...the hot wire gave up.

I think that this is a problem even at 420hp level.
            I thought that my bottle neck was going to be the EM, but it turned to be the MAF.

I already have the big MAF (used on the Sport Quattro , Porsche 928 and old M5) but nobody seens to knows how to connect it to the RS2 plug. It is electricaly different from the original MAF.

Are your car running ok now?
            Silver Audi RS2

Comment

no , my car still not working.
              i have 6 psi boost for all time . it was cutting at 4800 at the beginning, i ve lost completely
              Quattro

Comment

might sound silly but in terms of actual ride, is the difference in feeling tat big from say 350 to 400 or 400 to say 450?

a 50bhp increase surely wouldnt realy be that noticeable?

anyone any ideas on performance figures from 0-60 for instance on a 350bhp and 400bhp.

kinda puts in perspective what you actually get for your money then, cos i wouldnt have thought there is much of a difference from 350 to 400.
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I think if you have 428bhp you could get to 60 in just 3.9sec. It has been claimed by mtm's S2.

Comment

Yes it was the red S2 with 428hp. it reached 60 in 3.9s. I read in one of the articles. If I find that article ill post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                      might sound silly but in terms of actual ride, is the difference in feeling tat big from say 350 to 400 or 400 to say 450?

a 50bhp increase surely wouldnt realy be that noticeable?
                      Don't forget that a 50BHP increase is very noticable when you're comparing S2 stock with a stage 1 ECU mod? I guess it's a % increase that makes the difference - 50BHP increase over 220 is a big overall % increase, whereas 50BHP when you've already got 400 is less?

Oh I don't know, I'm losing it
                      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by Habib
                        Yes it was the red S2 with 428hp. it reached 60 in 3.9s. I read in one of the articles. If I find that article ill post it up.
                        Jea, that car's awesome, the article is here

*ZR* S2 R.I.P.
                        Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                          Don't forget that a 50BHP increase is very noticable when you're comparing S2 stock with a stage 1 ECU mod? I guess it's a % increase that makes the difference - 50BHP increase over 220 is a big overall % increase, whereas 50BHP when you've already got 400 is less?

Oh I don't know, I'm losing it
                          Ur not losing it, that's very logical
                          *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
                          Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

yeh thats absolutely correct it is a percentage thing. My point was more that 50bhp increase from say 350bhp is only around 30bhp per tonne, which isnt that much, and as a percentage isnt that much either.

need to compare actual performance figures from 350 and 400 to see if all the extra £££ is worth it
                            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

When you have 27.5bhp from a side valve Morris Minor, 50Bhp is a big improvement. Adding a superchargeer to the stock engine takes it to 48 Bhp which is good for 85Mph. Originally it could manage 58MPH 0-50 was 25 seconds + I've got 2 x superchargers sitting in the garage hmmmmm
                              Power

David

Comment

Working...
                              X