Wgfv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wgfv

Still not found the fault with my car. I've located the WGFV and its working ok as you can hear it clicking on tick over. Is it normal for the engine revs to change when the WGFV operates? The car also misfires at a held set amount of revs i.e 2000rpm. Could a leak from one of the pipes cause this?

I've changed the fuel filter today,a new dizzy cap was put on 2 months ago along with new plugs. Any one any idea's?

Cheers, Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

I've never heard a WGFV clicking at idle - or any other time - except in test mode of the ECU with the engine off.

With regards misfires - have you tested HT leads etc etc

If you are at the garage meet, I can probably get some VAG-COM time with your car. Hopefully anyway - it would all need to be sorted before any talk of chip upgrades !

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

There is a clicking coming from under the bonnet,its not the air-con pump tho. When the clicking occurs it alters the revs of the engine, not by a great deal but enough to notice. I've changed the spark plugs back to my old ones to eliminate the possibility of a faulty plug. All the leads look ok.
      Its a bit lumpy on idle and sometimes hesitates on light throttle use. If the throttle, for example, is held at 2500rpm after a few seconds it drops down to about 1000rpm and then gradually climbs back upto 2500rpm but does the same again after another 10seconds or so. Ant idea's anyone?? Could this be a faulty injector? Is there a way to test them?

Thanks

Chris
      Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Could be faulty carbon canister solenoid valve(?). It's blue and located behind the engine. Try to unplug it.
        -

Comment

Could it be the tcp clicking?
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

I disconected the carbon canister solenoid valve and no difference. Further investigation show that the WGFV is clicking, when it does it runs rough and there is a hickup in the airbox. When you put a screwdriver on the WGFV you can feel it click, and when it clicks at high revs it dies off as said before. . Any one got any idea's to what this could be?

Chris
            Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Dunno WTF is up with your WGFV. I have a spare one - brand new for 3B - at VAGparts price if you need it pre-chipping at the weekend.

Needs a VAG-COM session to do some fault finding first...

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Yeah i'll have that off you if thats ok. Do you know how much i'm looking at for it? Cheers for the info. Roll on friday!! Cheers Paul

Chris
                Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I'm sure Minea checked my WGFV by feeling it to see if it was ticking, it ticks once every few seconds i think.
                  I reckon you have a leak in a hose.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

My WGFV clicks at idle too, I thought it was supposed to, dunno about when I'm driving though......never had my head in the engine bay then :wacked: .

Mark .
                    Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                    X