RS2 running E85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 running E85

Would it be possible to run a RS2 with E85 (85% ethanol 15% gazoline)
    Here in France E85 cost 0,83€ very cheap compare to the 1,45€ of the 98

Should some part be changed?
    should it be remap?

A good point is that octane indice is more than 104 Ron.
    So with a agressive timing remap you could get more power.

2 year's ago their was some brezilian guy runing on E85 with RS2 on thise forum it would be nice to here from him.
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

yes but i believe you will need to use different injectors,and different map

Comment

Motorgeek has quite a few folks running E85 on their modified 20v 5cyl cars. As stated, you will need bigger injectors and a different map. Also, if i remember correctly, you may need to the change the material of the fuel lines?! but ... that is purely a speculation. I THINK i remember hearing something about that but I'm not positive.

Muddle through this page. He converted his car to E85
      http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/view...85+jim&start=0

Emy
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro | Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Audi S2 - "Don't try to hunt what you can't kill"

Comment

Hi, i am running E50 (50% Ethanol, 50% 95 Octane benzin) with no problems without special remap. Just the Chip i had.

Next weeks i am going for VEMS so there will be further exploring with other E amounts.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I haven't tried E85 on my RS2, but I'm running my 22 year old Mk2 Golf on it. Works a treat in that 11:1 compression engine. Knocks/pinks on 99 octane, but not a hint on E85.
          Cars made after the late 80's are designed to tolerate ethanol.
          1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
          1994 80E Avant
          1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Sorry to revive this thread lol.

I have a 1990 audi coupe quattro. it has quite a bit of stuff done to it. But i heard you can run e85 in these cars with everything stock other than injectors? I plan on getting 630cc injectors. it has a 034 motorsports turbo kit on it with bigger forged pistons. We plan on running 10psi of boost with no intercooler and e85. im mostly worried about any of the 30 year old rubber fuel lines. is that anything to be worried about or just send it?

Thanks!
            P.S. i need a reply by the end of this week.

Comment

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HONDATUNING776 View Post
                Sorry to revive this thread lol.

I have a 1990 audi coupe quattro. it has quite a bit of stuff done to it. But i heard you can run e85 in these cars with everything stock other than injectors? I plan on getting 630cc injectors. it has a 034 motorsports turbo kit on it with bigger forged pistons. We plan on running 10psi of boost with no intercooler and e85. im mostly worried about any of the 30 year old rubber fuel lines. is that anything to be worried about or just send it?

Thanks!
                P.S. i need a reply by the end of this week.
                I thought you had an intercooler for it (the wagner one or did you sell it?) Ideally you want an intercooler even if its something as simple as a cheap ebay one or junkyard turbo intercooler.

Do you have any record of the pistons being uprated in the 034 kit? I'm currently looking into a 7a cq with 034 turbo kit but have not heard of no mention of uprated pistons being part of the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

I thought you had an intercooler for it (the wagner one or did you sell it?) Ideally you want an intercooler even if its something as simple as a cheap ebay one or junkyard turbo intercooler.

Do you have any record of the pistons being uprated in the 034 kit? I'm currently looking into a 7a cq with 034 turbo kit but have not heard of no mention of uprated pistons being part of the kit.
                  Well in order to run and intercooler, I’d have to cut a lot of stuff, and we don’t have a lot of time left. So I think e85 will keep it cool enough at 10psi.

We ordered the pistons separately from the turbo kit. I can get you the part number on Monday if you need it.

Comment

just place the intercooler elsewhere, put it upright in front of the radiator, I've seen a few here done like that and run the pipework around the front instead.

Comment

just place the intercooler elsewhere, put it upright in front of the radiator, I've seen a few here done like that and run the pipework around the front instead.
                      Yea. We still have AC. We’d need to delete that. Plus we have the throttle body back by the battery so it’s harder to plum.

Comment

Source a 10v turbo intercooler, it goes down behind the bumper on the passenger side so everything is over on that side.

Comment

Source a 10v turbo intercooler, it goes down behind the bumper on the passenger side so everything is over on that side.
                          Do you have a picture handy of what that would look like?

And just to go back to my original question, is the fuel system in this car other than injectors, ready to run e85? Or is EFI Express telling me lies.

Comment

Working...
                          X