No announcement yet.

RS2 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but u need at very least a home fries, I could not lose a Toyota starlet turbo last night:eek2: . Driving home after selling my wheels came up behind him passed him and another couple o cars looked in my rear view and there he was up till about 120 where he dropped back. Slowed for cars went for it again he was right up my RS . Where has my evo gone.

Hopefully home fries arrive today

Paul
    S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      I'm are using TDi bearings ... works very good. I did not know the name for that in english

the TDI bearings are nothing else but RS2, check the part numbers for yourself.

There's also some other smart dudes who were going like "my d*ck is bigger than yours cuz I'm using TDI bearings" and **** me the TDI bearings are nothing more than RS2 simply because Audi has never needed anything stronger.

'98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

@Paul M - The spare ECU was despatched yesterday am. Dunno if Royal Mail's special delivery service will get all the way to Banff in one day, but should be Friday latest.

Cheersz,

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net

.....I've never seen any testing on them, but I suspect the ABY / ADU rods are lighter to partially counteract the higher rotating mass of that damn DM flywheel.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul, since flywheel mass is partially needed to work as an "energy storage" unit to compensate for inertial energy fluctuations, if the conrods are lighter (at least the reciprocating part of it), you actually need a smaller flywheel mass.
          The bigger and heavier dual mass flywheel (much heavier than what it is actually needed as "energy storage"), for what I can understand of it, is meant to give better "fluctuating forces" absorbtion (thus having a smoother idling and revving engine) whitout giving too much strain to the cranckshaft because of the slightly flexible connection of the two parts of it.

This, at least, is what I can actually figure out. Any other idea welcome.

Marco

Comment

Yes - I agree on DM flywheel being primarily of benefit to smooth running and shock absorption. I have a factory booklet on this thing - its full of springs and stuff - quite complex and costly.

I have no evidence on 3B or ABY conrod weights - just thinking out loud.

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
              the TDI bearings are nothing else but RS2, check the part numbers for yourself.

There's also some other smart dudes who were going like "my d*ck is bigger than yours cuz I'm using TDI bearings" and **** me the TDI bearings are nothing more than RS2 simply because Audi has never needed anything stronger.

but there are diferent TDi's ... ether way ... form what You say I have the right one
              AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Working...
              X