Coolant leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leaks

I have had a nightmare today, spent yesterday on the car replacing two coolant hoses that were leaking. They are the one that fed the turbo and the one that goes from the thermostat too the heating. Both are situated under the pas pump so the car needs a fair bit of dismantling to get to them.

While i was there i changed the thermostat and i also discovered the cam belt was very loose:eek2: So then i was changing the cam belt too as i know that to tighten an old cambelt is deadly Having finally put the car back together and replaced all the fluid and coolant i went in happy.

This morning took the daughter to school, popped down to work for half an hour and on the way back home the f****ng coolant light came on Got home to discover coolant pouring from the front of the engine. I thought it must be one of the hoses i had done yesterday so the car came apart again. Pressurised the system and it was coming from the water pump this time

By this time it was too late to get one so i ordered one for tomorrow, and another load of coolant and fluid for the pas. So i am back on the Ped till i get it fixed.

Also noticed the cambelt will also fit a Nissan Sunny and Bluebird Didn't realise we shared engines with Nissan The bloke across the road has one but when he replaced his cambelt it didn't start leaking
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

sorry to hear this groofosp
    Hope u get it fixed very soon, a broken down S2 is agony
    *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
    Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Just look on it as lucky the waterpump is only leaking and it did not seize - seen that on a NA 20V - expensive !!!
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Its the water pump O ring, pesky things... they can be used once only for sure! I fitted a new pump and seal, then wanted to check something, so took the pump back off and refitted it with the 5 minute old pump seal. Yup, it weeps now :-(

DONT CARE! car is going so damn well right now, I'll change it some other time!

Hope your gte it done ok

Martyn
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

All done Fitted the new pump thursday night and got it backon the road last night after work, just in time for the weather to turn rubbish again.

thanks for the part numbers Martyn, that pipe that goes to the turbo was like powder, it literally fell off Lucky i caught it before....... The dealer sent it as a 5 metre length and wanted 65 + vat:eek2: luckily i got a bit from someone else and sent the lot back, what are they on, like you said you only need 100 mm max

So all back together anyway and ready to get a pasting again.
          Ragusa Coupe gone!
          sigpic
          VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
          VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
          vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Working...
          X