No announcement yet.

What type of Castrol Oilf for tuned S2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Castrol Oilf for tuned S2?

I'am currently using Catrol 5w/40 Fully synthetic motoroil ... The car has a hohenester 310 bhp conversion (meaning other turbo, exhoust manifold, rs2 nozzles).

I was considering using the Castrol 10w/60 Fully Synthetic motor oil instead?

The car is does not really use any oil guess i have to put a little bit in every 2000 km ...

Any comments?

/Jonas
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

If it is the RS stuff - a lot of us use that.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The Castrol RS or the Castrol TWS motorsport (10w60) are both better oils than your common 5w50 all season syntethic. They can withstand higher temperatures and gives higher oilpressure.
      In cold conditions they're possibly not that suitet without a blockwarmer...

I use Valvoline 10w60 racing by the way.

OZzzt

Comment

Castrol RS 10W60 is good.

I use Millers Competition CFS 10W60.
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

ive been using valvoline 10W60 for a few years now, which i think is excellent stuff, was about 25quid for 4 litres , but my supplier now stocks a new variety of valvoline, same viscosity but is now 15 quid a LITRE...WTF...i said to them,
          no way im paying that.
          castrol it is then.

Comment

That is the RS stuff, guess i will give it a try next time a change oil

/Jonas
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

If your engine has covered more that 10tkm, RS is a secure choice. Havent heard any complaints on the 10w 60. The pricetag maybe. I personally consider it the best investment. Gives safe feeling when on the road.
              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
              X