Leaking WGFV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking WGFV

Got my new boost leak test kit and after fiddling around for the morning discovered that the only leak I have is coming from the wastegate freq valve, not from the pipes or the joints but the actual unit its self, is this normal ?
    It starts to leak at about 0.7 bar, but this unit isnt normally under this much poss pressure is it ? so does this matter at all or is it knackered ?

Smash it and buy and a new one.
    Or the other way round.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

lol yeah i've heard of them cracking etc and people trying to glue them back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
        Got my new boost leak test kit and after fiddling around for the morning discovered that the only leak I have is coming from the wastegate freq valve, not from the pipes or the joints but the actual unit its self, is this normal ?
        It starts to leak at about 0.7 bar, but this unit isnt normally under this much poss pressure is it ? so does this matter at all or is it knackered ?
        Mine would leak at 1.5 bar, and caused boost to skyrocket to 2bar+
        I don't trust them at boost levels over 1.7 bar (and have seen too many blown engines due to blown N75's at lower boost levels too). I'm running a Turbotech boost controller upgraded with a ceramic bearing. Simple and works well.
        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
        1994 80E Avant
        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Working...
        X