RS2 Inlet Manifold on a 3B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Inlet Manifold on a 3B?

Will the "Porsche" RS2 IM item fit the 3b engine? Any extras I will need? throttle body ok etc? Will I be able to use the 3B hoses or will I need to change to ABY type? (thinking about the 3B Samcos now.. Should I actually now be thinking ABY Samcos?? Not sure of the differences.. )

Any advice welcomed.

Would also like to fit an RS2 crossmember, anyone got one lying around? Think the 3B item is a bit of a fiddle to mod for the RS2 IC?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

only problem for making it for the RS2 IC is that you need to fabricate a whole new bracket with new nuts etc on bracket to fit the RS2 IC.

I have a feeling the RS2 IM catches the distributor, dont quote me on that though.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

You're right, the ADU / ABY inlet manifold will not clear the 3B distributor. You'll have to have the RS2 manifold chopped and welded to clear the dizzy - problem is you'll end up with less intake volume than the original 3B item.

Comment

Oh, that's a ****** I'll have to convert to 5 coils then.. How difficult is that? Mihnea, have you got your 5 coil kit ready yet? Do you lose the dizzy entirely? Or do you keep it for the hall sensor?

Or is the RS2 Inlet manifold not worth it? Is it really that much better than the 3B item?

Originally posted by Vagsport
        You're right, the ADU / ABY inlet manifold will not clear the 3B distributor. You'll have to have the RS2 manifold chopped and welded to clear the dizzy - problem is you'll end up with less intake volume than the original 3B item.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

i have seen a pic or a 3b with the RS2 inlet manifold on, dunno exactly how much modifying it needed though,
          definately want to bin my dizzy too john,
          mihnea...any progress with your coil conversion

martin

Comment

Lets Ask him, new thread?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
              Or is the RS2 Inlet manifold not worth it? Is it really that much better than the 3B item?
              IMO it isn't worth it, if you're not totally crazy about the "porsche" logotype.
              Red cars are the fastest ones...
              - Team Irry -

Comment

Waste of time and money. I have a Tippex pen if you want to write Porsche on it??
                Coil pack conversion is 'in progress' so im told.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                X