X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

empty

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
      I've currently got the following pairs of cams in my possesion.

7A
      AAN
      RS2 (intake same as AAN)

When I've got the last of the generic chips to test for my comparison of 4 and finish the comparison write up I'll start playing with some cam configurations. Also be interesting to get the info on the NM cams with regards to lift and duration as that will give an indication whether it's worth getting hold of a set to test those too in the varying combinations.
      To be hounest I think you will see more differences between those cam configs using a bigger turbo than your k24. No offence! But your results would be interesting.

Comment

Cams affect the character of the engine no matter what turo you're running. Just because we don't have 400+bhp doesn't mean that there isn't something to be gained (or lost ) Intake and Exhaust mods associated with 400+bhp have already seen the little k24 on mine pulling much harder than before and there's always room to have a little play for less than £000's.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
          Cams affect the character of the engine no matter what turo you're running. Just because we don't have 400+bhp doesn't mean that there isn't something to be gained (or lost ) Intake and Exhaust mods associated with 400+bhp have already seen the little k24 on mine pulling much harder than before and there's always room to have a little play for less than £000's.
          You are 100% right! Numbers do not represent the experience you can have with any type of car. They can change "character" if modified in some way.

Comment

I've got to pull my finger out and fit the 7A inlet and see how it goes...
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Inlet

AAN, ABY, 3B___ Opens 3° ATDC, closes 25° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm
              ADU__________ Opens 13° ATDC, closes 35° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm
              NM __________ Opens 0° ATDC, closes 32° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm
              7A___________ Opens 6° ATDC, closes 38° ABDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm

Exhaust

AAN, ABY, 3B___ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 9° BTDC, duration 213°, lift 8,6mm
              ADU__________ Opens 24° BBDC, closes 1° ATDC, duration 205°, lift 9,5mm
              NM __________ Opens 35° BBDC, closes 3° BTDC, duration 212°, lift 9,6mm
              7A___________ Opens 42° BBDC, closes 9° BTDC, duration 213°, lift 10,5mm

Comment

Whay has noone fitted an ABY exhaust to the inlet as per mk.2 Golf GTI 16v KR engines. More duration, more lift. I sense a plan coming on here. Anyone got an old ABY exhaust they want to sell on

Looking into the Golf side of things it seems that an adjustable chain wheel is all that's needed for the timing and having the cam pulley nose machined off.

Edit, looks like a 7A inlet is basically the same thing
                Last edited by Rusty; 19 February 2009, 10:00.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Thanks for the info jamo saves searching around will have to do some maths and see what should do what before experimenting.

^^^ Andy don't need a vernier chain gear to use an exhaust cam as an intake can be done without machining using the original one as it's the same as the 16v's.
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                    I'm sure this has been asked 1001 times. How do RS2 cams with the wheel fare on a k24?

I've got a 7A inlet to fit, going for some NA style tuning after seeing that's what Catcams do for their lower end turbo cams. Worked well on a BM and VW I've seen / built.
                    Just out of interest I thought fitting both the 7a cams gave absolutely rubbish economy? (well more so than usual)

Also I know norris motorsport tune there cars up as much as possible NA then add in the turbo and get some seriously good results.

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
                      I've currently got the following pairs of cams in my possesion.

7A
                      AAN
                      RS2 (intake same as AAN)
                      You should also have a nice set of Cat Cams there!

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                        Just out of interest I thought fitting both the 7a cams gave absolutely rubbish economy? (well more so than usual)

Also I know norris motorsport tune there cars up as much as possible NA then add in the turbo and get some seriously good results.
                        7A inlet and ABY exhaust works well on NA cars apparently so gotta be worth a try. As for economy, you're having a laugh right? 16mpg on a 300bhp car is a joke anyway
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

thats what i planned to do andy. i got 2 sets and a cam pulley for a 16v with the keyway cut different. they are not at the same position on the cam though. need to get some adjustables then thats what im doing. i have a 16v head with a set in here so an going to time the adjustables the same.

Comment

may i use this topic: what cam( dur and valve lift) att the audi 4syl 1,8t, and what dur and lift in the 1,8n/a 20 v unit......
                            will the 1,8 n/a 20v have the same advance on the 1,8t 20 unit like the 7a camms on the 3b unit( 5syl)???

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
                              may i use this topic: what cam( dur and valve lift) att the audi 4syl 1,8t, and what dur and lift in the 1,8n/a 20 v unit......
                              will the 1,8 n/a 20v have the same advance on the 1,8t 20 unit like the 7a camms on the 3b unit( 5syl)???
                              I really think that should be a separate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                Inlet

AAN___ Opens 3° ATDC, closes 25° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm
                                ADU__________ Opens 13° ATDC, closes 35° ABDC, duration 202°, lift 8,3mm
                                ???? Just taking a proper look now they both have the same part number so how can the grinds be different?
                                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X