This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bram View Post
    That's pretty much the program but I'm using an older version from 2003 couldn't really warrant buying 5 when I still have a freebie version of 2003. Looking at '5' there are more variables one can play with and it will most likely give a more accurate representation as the simulator is based upon constants gathered from real life results.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Sweet work there . Very interesting that the ADU cams seem to keep up with the NM and 7A cams... *edit*
      Last edited by Rusty; 20 February 2009, 13:25.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Nice work! Do you have this data available in Excel? That would be interesting to play with and compared a few more in 1 single overview.

Comment

^^^ Andy if you actually look at the 10 degree retarded standard cams they outperform the ADU on paper. That's the bit that threw me.
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Now it would be nice as well to get some numbers for bigger turbo, like RS2, GT3071R,.....

Comment

soooooo many graphs

So an adjustable cam wheel on stock cams seems like a good option too. Be interesting to find the optimum cam retard on the stock cams.

Looking forward to the AAN Ex 7A In
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

^^^^ Bram unfortunatelly it doesn't allow me to export the data to other formats. If you were to get hold of a copy of the software program (do a search on google for desktop dyno and desktop dyno 2003 ) I would quite happily send you all the saved files for you to ponder over and play with.
                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I have found it! If you can post a ZIP file here with your results that would be great. Cheers

Comment

Can you copy the displayed data on the LHS into excel instead?
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

wow the zip file was missions as I'm setup on winrar anyways it's attached.

^^^ Andy unfortunatelly you can't copy and paste any figs of the tables.

I've also discovered a function that runs through 1250 cam configurations that optimise hp and tq around the original peak power figs. So I ran this through and then compared the results to the closest possible cam configurations.

Well at a sacrifice of low down torque the program reckons the best configuration is using the 7A exhaust as an intake and using the NM exhaust for out and out mid to top end power. As a comparison I've attached a screenshot of the standard cams vs the above config along with a third plot of the above spec with the stg1 head where it really comes into it's own taking advantage of the high lift flow gains.

And the last one I'll do is the AAN exh with 7A intake vs ADU which at a very small low down tq sacrifice the top end gains appear to make it a cheap alternative to the expensive RS2 cams.

Guess it's time to start planning putting it into practice.
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

zip file didn't attach on last post?
                        Attached Files
                        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Goodo, I was hoping the 7A in ABY exh would work based on NA tuning and indeed Catcams' S2 cams
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

What about best low and mid torque combo? not interested in top end

Comment

Looks like ADU or ABY with ADU pulley?
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

^^^ almost best two for low down torque are the ADU and the standard AAN/ABY retarded by 3 degrees as shown below. The better of the two being the standard cams retarded by 3 degrees.

UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X