Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those timings all say inlets open ATDC (After Top Dead Centre) and exhaust close BTDC (before).

but the NM inlet Opens 6 BTDC so with another exhaust cam like the NM or ADU you'd have overlap, but this is on stock timing...

Im surprised they dont have overlap, but then with boosted engines you dont need the overlap to assist filling the cylinder
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Maybe the degrees are at 1 mm opening or so?

If yes then maybe they give a small overlap....not sure.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by JP View Post
        OK been looking at the cam profiles listed by jamo. Assuming all figures are correct then the following assumptions can be made using an engine simulator with 1.4 bar of boost on a K24.

For all out top end power and an increasing torque curve through the rev range i.e. track car I would say a combination of 2 x 7A exhaust cams would be very nice as the peak torque and hp are within a gearshift change.

For a combo that gives the flattest torque curve across as much of the range as possible you'd go for ADU intake and the 7A exhaust.

And the best all rounder for peak figures is running the 7A exhaust with the standard AAN intake.

The ADU cams irrespective of the simulation I throw at them will not produce max power or hp instead they are offering lesser power but more spread out over the rev range in the form of flatter curves potentially making for the most street friendly car if pub figures are not what you are after.

As I don't have 2 7A exhausts I wont be able to test that result however based on what two 16v KR exhausts do I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. AAN with 7A I've already tested So I'll compare it to the standard ADU setup and if I can figure out how to time up the 7A exh with the ADU intake I'll give that one a go too. Although I can't ever see that being a cost effective means of tuning
        Ok,

please tell me if the combination of 7A ex. and AAN in., have to use adjustable gears or stock?

For now use both axes 7A with adjustable sprockets, adjusted to 0.5 mm both at TDC, with a 5858 turbo jb, in a drifting car, which should have as little lag.

or can i can you tell me another adjustment for 7A cams?

Thank's

Comment

• I just got my NM cams measured. Or they are supposed to be NM cams.
          Ex 236° 9,6mm lift
          In 234° 9,6mm lift

Other NM cams we have measured:
          NM ex1 224° 9,45mm lift
          NM ex2: 225° 9,55mm lift

And there is this information in forum:
          NM in 212°, lift 9,6mm
          NM ex 212°, lift 9,6mm

So... anyone have any idea what are those cams just measured?

Comment

• What amount of lift were the durations measured between? IIRC, the forum numbers were from 1mm lift upwards.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Hello guys,

I have an UrS6 Avant with the following mods:

RS2 turbo
              STR RS2 replica exhaust manifold
              RS2 injectors
              RS2 ECU + Ultimot chips
              RS2 MAF
              FMIC
              Walbro 255 fuel pump
              NM intake and exhaust cams

Ever since I swapped the AAN cams with NM ones, I have the feeling that I lost a bucket of torque. Here's a video of a 3rd gear pull with AAN cams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZnkF...ature=youtu.be. Currently the car pulls much less with the NM cams. Can anyone advise what is the best intake/exhaust cam combo with the cams I have at hand? I don't have an ADU pulley.
              Audi UrS6 Avant '96 with RS2 mods

Comment

• Use std AAN cams. Turbo is the biggest restriction, not cams.

Comment

• OK, but why are NM cams so sought after?

Comment

• It turned out one of the air hoses was blasted. I will replace it tomorrow and hopefully the car will perform at its best with NM cams

Comment

• what would be the options with NM cams + ADU puli in stock Taiming! it's about my RS2 with CT 67 turbo and 500 + hp,.currently have NM cams with AAN puli (stock taiming)
                      I can put two exhaust NM on intake and exhaust, but I do not have adjustabel pulley, isit possible only with ADU pulley properly set two exhaust camshafts NM?
                      my english is not so good, i hope you all will forgive me !!!

Comment

• these days I'm going to try the intake camshaft NM moved forward by one tooth on a chain? Is someone did something like that?

give some information?
                        my english is not so good, i hope you all will forgive me !!!

Comment

• Im with NM cams,and the car defently run better than the original cams!

Comment

• Hello all,

Getting back to an old discussion, I understand in simulations the two 7A exhaust cams combo seems to be the ideal, if you´re looking for power, provided you´re not too concerned with torque below say 4000rpm. I´m putting together an AAN with a big turbo, hence my question is: has anbody tryed the two 7A exhaust combo in real life? I mean, the cams are different, so what would be needed to fit the exhaust cam to the intake side, without getting into trouble. How about the timming marks on the sprockets, I guesse they will not align, right? Or should they?

I am really looking for this info for some time, but couldn´t find it here or elsewhere. Sometimes an insight from someone who has actually tryed the thing makes everything a lot easier and saves some mistakes. I´d really appreciate that info, or the place to get it!

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                            X