No announcement yet.

limp mode but no error codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you got it sorted. At least you know the knock sensor is doing its job.

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
    Managed to stay out of limp mode long enough tonight to show a couple of chavs in a peugeot GTi what acceleration in 1st and 2nd is like with 4wd. He sat revving his engine at the lights and left tyres squealing and suddenly found this old Audi 1/2 car length ahead by the time he was out of 1st gear, despite me giving him 1/2 car length head start, into second and leaving him pretty quick now then.....limp mode cut in, but by then I'd proved the point...
    That was the give away.
    Happened to me when I first had my cq20v many years ago. Always seemed to be when I was mid-overtaking.
    It drove me mad trying to find the problem. Times were tough before s2forum. Had to learn the hard/expensive way.
    SS

Comment

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
      At last I can enjoy the homefry to the full after checking the knock sensors, one was loose. Tightened to 20nm and off down the road, let the engine oil warm up and booted it. Back is the quick spool up and gone is limp mode. What a difference a knock sensor makes. Just clocked a 2.5 sec 50-70mph in 3rd which is plenty quick enough for me.....at the moment:mischeif: With any luck the 2.75" exhaust in July will get me a bit more over this 7A 2.25" system.
      Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. One to remember for the future.
      Oh praise be - absolutely brilliant... Looks like two torqued up Greens is OK then. Your patience is commendable I must say - and it proves again that it was something stupid.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Top shelf....

Well done, been watching from a distance as i could not add any assistance.

Nice work...

Comment

Working...
        X