Uh Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!

when I aim to get to about five thousand revs in any gear, I get to three and a half and you would think I was turning a kill switch on off on off on off ! it chucks you forward, throws you back, chucks you forward, throws you back, its like a buckin bronco! if anyone can help me PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Do a search on here for 'boost leaks', this is a classic symptom.

If you need a test kit, let me know
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

boost or fuel cut.

Its the ECU doing its part to protect the car, have a search as Andy suggested
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Boost leak o'clock
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

It wasn't a boost leak when mine did that, it was a dodgy connection on the mass air flow sensor .
          I just unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times gave it a wiggle and all was fine .
          That was 8000 miles ago and hasn't done it since.
          Worth a try anyway as it takes no time at all to do , just remember to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU as well .

Comment

cheers lads, I've read about vaccum leaks too, is there not a haynes manual or anything for the S2? I'll let you's know what happens

Comment

This forum is the unofficial S2 repair manual .

Seriously though - nuthin from Haynes of much use to S2 specific things - but there is one for the 20V non turbo Coupe - useful for brakes, running gear, bodywork & trim.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

You can find most of what you need on here, www.s2central.net and www.s2-audi.co.uk. There's alos SJM autotechnic and a few OOOO manuals that can be found if you look about the place.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                X