Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I do not feel the term spool up to concern turbo only, but the whole setup.
    That makes sense. And an important difference to all the other posts I think.

I also like the "acceleration starts to accelerate" idea.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
      That makes sense. And an important difference to all the other posts I think.

I also like the "acceleration starts to accelerate" idea.
      Now I have read a few more posts in this thread I think that for me I make a difference between engine- and turbo lag and spool-up:

Engine Spool-up = the acceleration start to accelerate describes it well. It's the moment at which the feeling of the 'seat starting to push in your back'. So I think it is not related to time, but more to RPM, throttle position and gears your are in.

Turbo Spool-up = turbo pressure build-up, but that most of the time does not relate to a higher engine output at the same time.
      In my experience spool-up in the higher gears happens earlier then let's say 1st and 2nd gears, although it is giving a different reaction on the engine spool-up characteristics.

Lag = the time before that the spool-up takes place after you have floored the pedal different for turbo and engine, as described above.

Comment

FFS this is a good thread looking at a definitions of common terminilogy not have a go at a tuner thread.

Read the 1st post
        how You personally define lag and spool up.

Comment

Working...
        X