• Show
Clear All

Yep correct.

it was a while since I did it , I think it was 2 mm . Result 8.5 comp ratio
    FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

-Audi S2 " The Sleeper" 704hp 880nm
    -Audi S2 ""Audi S2 Racetrack

Comment

This is TDC picture how they looked like .
      Attached Files
      FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

Comment

Originally posted by chipsenter View Post

No need to buy expensive forged pistons when u allready have it mate.
        Thats exactly what i think! Its nice to have someone else confirm that. Does it matter how many miles are on them? I know the rings need to be done, but other than that?

Comment

There is absolutely no reason to drop the compression for 500 or 600hp, even for pump fuel.

I've done more than one +600hp setup and mapped even more engines with original compression ratio.

We need to remember, it is dynamic compression ratio that counts, not the geometric. So if You add overlap, Your cylinder pressures (dynamic compression ratio) come down.

I am quite sure 600hp setup with original cams and cam timing wouldn't work too well...
          Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Originally posted by chipsenter View Post
            my last cam adjustment with 7A cams 2,2mm Intake cam 1.6 Exhaust cam from this setup u will get nice respons and fast spool up
            can you explain this a little

...we skim the original pistons too... but not flat ...we skim only the middle area for better carburation... here is an example from the web -->

Comment

Totally agree !!

I was talking on pm's with mr Jcarrick last night and I told him , there is no reason at all to skim of the stock pistons . I regretted big time due to lack of respons and spooling.

My suggestions keep stock CR 9.3.1

Johan

Originally posted by repo View Post
              There is absolutely no reason to drop the compression for 500 or 600hp, even for pump fuel.

I've done more than one +600hp setup and mapped even more engines with original compression ratio.

We need to remember, it is dynamic compression ratio that counts, not the geometric. So if You add overlap, Your cylinder pressures (dynamic compression ratio) come down.

I am quite sure 600hp setup with original cams and cam timing wouldn't work too well...
              FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

Comment

Beautiful job done on these pistons eh !!

Originally posted by rash View Post
                can you explain this a little

...we skim the original pistons too... but not flat ...we skim only the middle area for better carburation... here is an example from the web -->
                FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

Comment

Working...
                X