Arrrgggh...o-ring woes...WTF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrgggh...o-ring woes...WTF.

Any help Please...how the hell does this come off....

Its the bolt/screw on the right hand side of the intercooler, just by the o-ring...with the bush on it ....looks tricky and i dont wann rip anything....i.e incur another little job to do....im sure alot of you will have seen this before!!

Im not so good at this internet thing but i think there is an attachment with this post with a photo......

Cheers for the help...
    Attached Files

if im in the right area its a 6mm hex bolt into a captive nut.
    bit of wd and wang it off.
    Simon.
    S.P.S. TUNING
    '93 ABY S2.... sold
    me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Greenm3
      Any help Please...how the hell does this come off....

Its the bolt/screw on the right hand side of the intercooler, just by the o-ring...with the bush on it ....looks tricky and i dont wann rip anything....i.e incur another little job to do....im sure alot of you will have seen this before!!

Im not so good at this internet thing but i think there is an attachment with this post with a photo......

Cheers for the help...
      Unscrew that bolt with the bush thing on it from underneath. I think it was a 6mm allen key that I used.

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
        Unscrew that bolt with the bush thing on it from underneath. I think it was a 6mm allen key that I used.
        Yeah, but the whole thing starts spinning if the captive part is knackered. I seem to remember having problems with this. You'll need to grip the nut at the same time.
        ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

A bit of metal brush + penetrating oil before even trying to open it. You can also use pliers to prevent the nut side from twisting. And when it's open take the x-member to someone who can weld a bit reinforcement.
          -

Comment

Been there, broke that !

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Right got that off after a bit of swearing and disturbing the neighbours!!
              Now....the o-ring is safely in the bin and im gonna attempt the o-ring and the Pipe mod....will post on progress later...

Cheers for all your help wouldnt have figured that out for a while,....

Comment

I was gonna say just cut it off, once the reducer pipe is fitted there is really no need for that bolt anyway, i just left it out when i fitted mine

martin

Comment

Working...
                X