b3 90q splicing into AAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 90q splicing into AAN

I was able to get some information from a fellow member about the splicing. But, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what color wire pin 18A(full time power for ECU) and 25A(part time power) on a 90q b3 wiring harness?

Also, for the fuel pump I just followed the green/yellow wire and spliced into that. Was that okay? I heard that I might need a different relay because its only a K jetronic instead of KE jetronic; is this true?

I know pin 40 is the tach signal for the AAN harness but wire should I splice into on the 90q wiring loom?

Anyone?

Comment

looking at a loom in front of me now. Pin 18 on an aan loom is 12v white/black. however looking at the loom i get pin 27 for the other live feed black.
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Yeah, Pin 27(AAN) is splicing to pin 25A(90q) and Pin 18(AAN) is splicing into pin 18A(90q). But I dont know what color wires they are for the 90 q. I know the color wires for the AAN.

Comment

pin 18 white black should go to a fuse s27 which is fed by a red wire which needs a large spade terminal to connect to a large pin 30 on the bottom of the relay plate.
          Pin 27 black/green should go to fuse s32 which is fed by a black wire and goes to the black plug on the bottom of the relay plate b15
          Audi Nut!!!

Comment

fuse s27, b15 and s32 are in the rain tray? and for s27 why would I cut that wire if it is already hooked up dont I want to splice the AAN harness into the 90q?

Comment

the ideal way to do the job is remove the complete engine harness from the 90q and replace it with an aby loom. That way all the connections are plug and play. But if you only have the aan loom. Get them both out side by side and use just the plugs from the 90q loom for the relevant power feeds and use the black plug from the aux relay plate under the steering column to supply signals to the dash. This way will be the the most tidy way to do it.
              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Do you mind if I pm you some questions?

Comment

yeah sure, my business phone number is 01623 452885 if you want to call.
                  Brian
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Here are a few pics I will explain when I talk to you.
                    Attached Files
                    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Alright, sounds good and the cell number didnt work either?

Comment

what country do you live in? If you dial 0044 and then leave off the first zero of my number that will work if outside the uk.
                        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X