One way valve in the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way valve in the block

It was such a long time ago that I took this apart, that I can't remember how it should go back.

This is the hole in the block that it should go in

This is the new valve that I bought, complete with the old adaptor

The hole in the block is not tapped, so I'm not sure why the valve is threaded. Can anyone confirm this is the correct vavle and how it is fitted?
    This is on the AAT stroker block, but I'm sure it's the same on the 3B / ABY.

Thanks
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

The valves screws inside the block, from memory its in there about an inch. Think you have a problem there
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

The valve screws into the hole you have circled but is a few inches back. Are you sure you took the old one out?

Comment

What exactly does this valve do?
        Can't remember seeing that hole
        If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

Originally posted by WidowmakerS2 View Post
          What exactly does this valve do?
          Can't remember seeing that hole
          Its a one way valve to prevent the oil from draining back out of the head.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Iff you look at one end off the valve has torx, so use a adequate torx key and screw the valve in the hole. You have to screw the new valve inside the block untill stop. Normaly should be a thread there. After the valve, comes the plug from your picture.
            Hope this helps!
            Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
              Iff you look at one end off the valve has torx, so use a adequate torx key and screw the valve in the hole. You have to screw the new valve inside the block untill stop. Normaly should be a thread there. After the valve, comes the plug from your picture.
              Hope this helps!
              Regards!
              I know that's how they normally work, but like I said, the hole in the block is not tapped. I'm going to have a search for the original tonight to see if that was different.
              sigpic

Comment

it looks like the plug is tapped inside, are you sure the origianl valve didn't screw into the plug, then the plug screw into the hole?
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Are you using ARP main studs?

If you are and you have not got the stud with the cutback thread it is possible you have screwed this in two far stopping the check valve screwing in correct.

It is also possible to crush this valve with the arp stud

It's why the later 034 ARP's have a special cutback one.

Last edited by Jamo; 5 May 2010, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    it looks like the plug is tapped inside, are you sure the origianl valve didn't screw into the plug, then the plug screw into the hole?
                    No it 100% screws into the block, however there are two versions of the check valve but in the picture Andy has the correct one

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      The valve goes in the lower hole not the one circled IIRC on the AAT block
                      andy i hope you don't always have this problem

Comment

Andy,
                        I have just pulled this out from that hole! If I remember rightly you have the A6 block not the 100 one. Difference being that the timing sensor is in the block not on the flywheel flange. Think I remember you having to grind for the timing sensor block.
                        Anyway, its not screwed in, its pushed in with what appears to be a O ring on the end to seal it up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
                          Andy,
                          I have just pulled this out from that hole! If I remember rightly you have the A6 block not the 100 one. Difference being that the timing sensor is in the block not on the flywheel flange. Think I remember you having to grind for the timing sensor block.
                          Anyway, its not screwed in, its pushed in with what appears to be a O ring on the end to seal it up.
                          That's the 2nd style one I was referring to,it's called the modified check valve on the S2 / RS2 family album page.

Doug_RS2 and Mark Halligan bought one but couldn't work out how it fitted.

Mine was the style of the one in the 1st pic on my AAT block

Comment

Andy,
                            From what I can see there are indeed two valves!
                            077 103 175B which seems to be fitted to most 5 Cyl.
                            046 103 175A which looks like its fitted to the A6 AAT/AEL and strangely listed for the RS2 "For modified vehicles"!
                            So perhaps you have got the 077 when you need the 046!

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
                              Andy,
                              Now I think about it that looks like the part that came out. I remember there being a spring involved but couldn't work out were it fitted with the valve I have.
                              I never throw anything away so I should still have this, I'll look tonight.
                              Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X