Oil cooler fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler fittings

Does anyone know the size of the fittings on the oil filter housing for the take and return from the oil cooler? Looking to get some hoses made up and a Mocal installed.

Cheers

might be worth speaking to Andy P. he bought some recently to make a new cooler bracket, 12mm IIRC.
    not sure if they're the same size as the fittings on the oil stat housing though
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The ones I got were for the opposite end and they were 12L. Not sure if they are the same thread at each end, best thing is to take the std hose to your local hydraulic supplier and they will match them up for you.
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Cheers guys, I'm at work at the moment and will be for the next couple of weeks, so unable to remove the lines from the car (it's also a daily driver), so I'll be needing to refit them as soon as possible. Any idea on an approximate length of hose from the cooler to the thermostat housing? Ideally I'll get them made up and ready for when I get home and fit the lot in one go. Looking at the 13 row Mocal coolers, in case anyone has experience with them.

Comment

did it run warm on the last day?
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

120C after 4 or 5 constant laps. 9 Laps in one session, so it wasn't too bad, just for a little bit of a safety margin. Might thrown a brand new cooler on and see if that will help me for next time if I can't get this organised.

Comment

probbly not much between the aby and the mocal to be honest....the e3 one is quite a bit cheaper than the aby from memory though. 120 in a hot June isnt bad to be honest, mine about the same or slightly higher on 10w 60
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X