Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

urS6 afterrun pump relay & fuse location help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urS6 afterrun pump relay & fuse location help please?

Gents,
    I'm trying to get my afterrun circuit working correctly. The car is a urS6 1996. I've changed the afterrun pump and this morning the temperature sender from the coolant rail.

Still no afterrun.

I bridged the wires of the temperature sender and no pump and no fan.

Now I want to find the fuse and the relay. I've searched and some threads say it's in the passenger footwell kick panel. I can't find this so can someone give me better directions please?

Shane

EDIT: Just inside the passenger door on the left hand side theres a plastic panel that looks like it's 2 panels. Just behind that.
    Last edited by s2_wot; 27 June 2010, 15:18.
    Shane

found it, Relay no 324 (447 965 571A). There are 3 fuses in there and all are fine. From reading about this previously I thought these relays failed on the switched on position thus causing the battery to loose all charge.

If my fuses are ok is it possible that the relay has failed in the switched off position?

Has anybody got a working one I could borrow to check or anybody got a working one that they would sell to me?

Shane
    Last edited by s2_wot; 27 June 2010, 15:13.
    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
      found it, Relay no 324 (447 965 571A). There are 3 fuses in there and all are fine. From reading about this previously I thought these relays failed on the switched on position thus causing the battery to loose all charge.

If my fuses are ok is it possible that the relay has failed in the switched off position?

Has anybody got a working one I could borrow to check or anybody got a working one that they would sell to me?

Shane
      Mine failed due to corroded connections at the pump in the loom, have you checked them? This, in turn, caused the controll unit to burn out the circuit inside! There about £50 from audi and in my opinion a good thing to have brand new as its fairly important
      Last edited by HMS-S6; 27 June 2010, 16:05.

Comment

Originally posted by motocrossmad View Post
        Mine failed due to corroded connections at the pump in the loom, have you checked them? This, in turn, caused the controll unit to burn out the circuit inside! There about £50 from audi and in my opinion a good thing to have brand new as its fairly important
        Cheers motocrossmad, I unplugged and replugged that connection on the pump a number of times and hey presto she's alive. So removed and sanded the connections back. Reinstalled and brought for a spin and working away now. No more this afternoon
        Thanks again, great suggestion just at the right time. Will order a new relay in the morning. I agree it's be good to have a spare. This little circuit is the life of an engine I think.

Shane
        Shane

Comment

the infamous fuse from the 1996 UrS6 after run system

I only laugh as it took me 9+ months to find it and then only by mistake as I was tracing a water leak.

As you have correctly discovered the relay is in the passenger footwell kickpanel.

The fuse however has been put in the driverside footwell as a totally random on it's own don't know what it is doing there as a 15Amp fuse. 99.99% this is the cause of your grief due to an accidental short circuit at one point in it's life whilst either someone was checking the after run system by bridging the wires on the sensor and accidentally let it short to ground or because you have a small water leak on the scuttle panel like mine did which decides to blow the fuse from moisture.

hth JP
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
            the infamous fuse from the 1996 UrS6 after run system

I only laugh as it took me 9+ months to find it and then only by mistake as I was tracing a water leak.

As you have correctly discovered the relay is in the passenger footwell kickpanel.

The fuse however has been put in the driverside footwell as a totally random on it's own don't know what it is doing there as a 15Amp fuse. 99.99% this is the cause of your grief due to an accidental short circuit at one point in it's life whilst either someone was checking the after run system by bridging the wires on the sensor and accidentally let it short to ground or because you have a small water leak on the scuttle panel like mine did which decides to blow the fuse from moisture.

hth JP
            I was sure i'd found the fuse too, located in one of those slots beside the relay itself. It sure would seem like an obvious spot for it. More
            No doubt that fuse will blow at some stage so I'll go for a look and see if I can find it.

Thanks for that JP at least I'm on the way to getting this 'ol girl back in fine fettle.

Shane
            Shane

Comment

Working...
            X