no power to ecu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power to ecu!

fusebox is getting power to the 20amp but not the 15amp. The motor/moteur fuses under the red cover.

Any fuses back up the line anywhere or anyone been there done that?
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

not been there done that but sounds like you car has had it....

sell me it...

Comment

Ive been investigating the alarm system. You can have that bit if you want.

What a mess. Did you have it fitted? The fitter needs sacking. All I can say is...mastic...tape...hammer and five thumbs.
      Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I guess this is the pretty black coupe that Mike keeps kicking himself about :lol
        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Ay, that's it.

The ecu has been to Hungary for testing.(vems)

No problem. On first testing no power to motronic connector tested the fusebox and no power to 15amp ecu fuse. The alarm is connected to the back of the ignition switch.

Can it be a relay somewhere? Fuel pump relay trips manually and puts power to the pump so powers there in some places.

On the verge of pulling the alarm immobiliser circuit. No one know of any other link between ecu and fusebox that could be blown?
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Just as a test bridge the 2 sets of wires that have been cut and joined on the back of your ignition barrel this will bypass your aftermarket alarm. If this then gives 12v to ecu you know that alarm is at fault if not then it's likely that your ignition lock is fubar!
            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

ignition comes on and engine cranks fine just wont start because ecu wnt power up so i assume the ign switch is ok?

Will bridge those wires.
              Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Ignition live comes from position B15 on the relay plate straight to the ecu fuse so of there is no live it points to relay plate / relief relay / ignition switch
                Audi Nut!!!

Comment

In fact just had a quick look at the diagrams and the black wire from the back of the ignition barrel goes direct to the relay plate so if you are not getting 12v on the black wire pin on the back of the barrel it's your switch.
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Been out playing with it again.
                    I bridged wires. Nothing. Removed completely. No joy.

I'm getting live off the black wire from the ignition switch so its got me baffled.

Where is the relief relay and relay plate.

Anyone got a wiring diagram?
                    Last edited by QuattroFever; 29 October 2010, 21:29.
                    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I had a similar problem getting my vems talking, ends up that I had a bad coil which kept blowing the fuse everytime i turned the ignition to the on position, it would crank but the ECU wasn't getting juice and wouldn't talk to my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                        I had a similar problem getting my vems talking, ends up that I had a bad coil which kept blowing the fuse everytime i turned the ignition to the on position, it would crank but the ECU wasn't getting juice and wouldn't talk to my laptop.
                        Can you remember which fuse?
                        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

yeah it was the fuse for the coils, it is one of the fuses in the front of the box with the engine fuses, a light purple in color fuse plug

Comment

All fuses are fine...got live at black at the back of the barrel when igniton on. Searched relief relay...threw up a thread where a guy had intermittent windows and various.

Culprit was relay marked 213. Does this have anything to do with the ecu?
                            Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

These threads may help:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47497

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47708

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47763

John
                              Last edited by johne; 30 October 2010, 00:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X