Need Some Help About Engine To Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help About Engine To Buy

so i have some problems i hope u can help me. my friend has crashed his s2 aby 2 months ago. he had accident, and he drive into wather with car. engine was complitly under wather, cause car was on roof. now i am planing to but that engine, but there is some doubts about that;
    -could cold wather damage hot engine when it fall into
    -could be there any other sirius damage on engine, because it was in wather
    -could car suck in wather into engine, and so damage it?

some more facts: engine was perfect before it happends, owner thinks that engine stop runing before he drive into wather, it happends 2 months ago, and by now nobody works on engine. the price is about 200EU.
    eny suggestions, should i buy it or not, what should i check before i buy it etc?

thanks

Valjo
    Audi Coupe S2 1993
    Audi V8 4.2 1993
    Audi cabrio 1998

Valjo, if the price is 200 Euro, but it, but generally speaking, I'd recommend to stay away from cars that have been in water...

HTH,

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Buy it anyway, the cylinder head is worth that and more.Christ, if you dont want it i will drive to Slovenia and buy it

Comment

Take all the spark plugs out and turn it over with a socket on the crank if water comes out there is a small possibility you have a bent rod, and that's only if the engine was running and sucked in water. Buy it anyway for that money

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

i will go to see the engine next week with my mechanic, and seller agree that we should take the engine head off and so we can check the engine more detalistic. i forgot to mention that engine is without turbo, but it includes intake and exhoust mainfold.
          Audi Coupe S2 1993
          Audi V8 4.2 1993
          Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Yes. Atleast head is worth it. Manifolds won't damage either. And the crank that few guys from lithuania was looking for and a lot more .

So for 200EUR I would buy it as spare part
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
            X