No announcement yet.

Ignition coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice findings, perhaps someone knows the seperate Bosch part nr. for the terminals..?

Comment

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
      Nice findings, perhaps someone knows the seperate Bosch part nr. for the terminals..?
      1J0973724

JPT-FEMALE

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
      can you write me the part numbers of the seals,connectors and every parts neccesary for complete the conversion?
      2x 4pin JPT-male 1 928 402 373 + pinns and seals, protecting rubberboot 1 280 703 023
      1x (or 2x) 3pin JPT-male 1 928 402 452 + pinns and seals, protecting rubberboot 1 280 703 022
      5x 4pin JPT-female 1J0973724 + pinns and seals, protecting rubberboot 1 280 703 023

coils:

07K905715F black(2.5TFSI)
      or
      06E905115E "RED"
      Last edited by Thuppu; 10 June 2011, 00:21.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

The product codes from finjector for all required parts -

1280703023 Protective boot for 4 pole connectors eu 1.79 require 7 off

1280703022 Protective boot for 3 pole connectors eu 1.38 require 2 off

VAG-1.8-SET Coil connectors (includes pins&seals) eu 6.18 require 5 off

1928402373-SET-1 4 pin JPT male (includes pins&seals) eu 6.71 require 2 off

1928402452-SET 3 pin JPT male (includes pins&seals) eu 4.31 require 2 off

The jetronic 4 pole seal boots are a good fit on the coilpack connectors.

This is exactly what I ordered from finjector and is every connector, seal, pin, and boot required except for eyelet to attach the common grounds to the rocker cover stud.

As I said before the service was quick (especially considering where I live) and every thing was present and correct.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
          What about these coils? 06E905115E
          http://www.ecstuning.com/ES281014/?s...aign=postreply These get promoted on several threads on Audizine
          Edit: Thanks Thuppu
          Oooo Audizine. I get *all* my recommendations from there.

NOT.

That said, I am now running the red 4.2L V8 115E coils on my 93 S4 (the very first converted to 1.8t four pin coil packs). Three of the five 115L coils that I installed in Sept. 2005 were still working. The other two were replacements. I kept all five as spares when I installed the 115Es the other week. No real difference. Working coil is a working coil. Time will tell.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

But they look much cooler in red color.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Well guys.only I can say thank you very much. !!
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

In the audi,does not appears the 3 and 4 connectors ref.

These refs. Are from another company true?

I have ordered the 2.5 tfsi coils + its connectors ,rubbers,seals and terminals.

So I need to look for the 3 and 4 rear Pin connectors with it seals,terminals,etc....

Audi ref anyone? The guy from the shop asked me about from such car are them... but saying him a audi s2 won't help too much I think.

Comment

Anybody that knows if the coils will fit under the 3b plastic cover that hides the spark plug wires
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                    Anybody that knows if the coils will fit under the 3b plastic cover that hides the spark plug wires
                    Of course Jonas,I did it in my 3b. But don't use anymore these piece of shits plastic covers. They are bad.

I don't know if it works with the cover.... but better forget them

Comment

So will the coils fit under there? I can't really tell from your answer :-)

Why is the cover bad? Because of heat issues?
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Coils don't fit under cover, cover can create heat issues.
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Rocco- the 3 & 4 pin connectors are Junior Power Timer (JPT) male with male pins.
                          You might be able to get then from VW but I got them from finjector, non-sealed ones are available but personally I'd avoid them. Sealed ones come with all the little rubber grommits included.

Generally the consensus regarding the unreliability of these items is excess heat build up, in that case what about a heatsink? maybe a piece of finned aluminium across the top of the coils with dielectric gel and/or a small piece of ducting from the grill to the rocker cover?

Also what to do with the old rocker cover lid? I've considered polishing it up and putting it somewhere to look fancy but I cant think where - any ideas?
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

The next week I will have the coils and its parts.and if I will don't find the connectors we will soldering them,that should be perfect with better connection than any plastic plugs. It is a bit useless wire I think ,and more if we are thinking to use these type of coils.

And problem solved

Comment

Does anybody know if these coils will fit with a 7a cam cover? Or would they fit with a bit of machining?

Comment

what about this connectors they seems to be the same, but different part number: 4B0973724

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES10979/

Comment

Working...
                                X