No announcement yet.

V6 misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I no longer have the car . I replaced the fuel filter along with some other work which appeared to fix the car for a short while but, the problem returned. I found out that the new owner did eventually fixed the car . I am afraid I do not know how .
    If it is any help I have since heard of another car with problems caused by water ingress to the fuse box’s due to leaves etc clogging the drains in the scuttle panel. This is something I failed to check on my car. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Alan King View Post
      220 bhp hi, how is your car running? I'm having the same problem. Ive changed all of the same parts apart from the pos, (not sure what that is!). And still randomly dropping the middle coil in the pack. It's absolutely killing me!
      Are you the guy from Fife car reg K816 ... ?
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks for replying. I'll see if I can pull the fuse box today. It's always the middle coil in the pack that is dropping out. I've tried two different coil packs new leads and plugs. It passed its mot yesterday running on four cylinders! I did get error codes for an oxygen sensor and the air intake temperature sensor which I've ordered. Pretty sure the temp senor was because I unplugged it when it was running.
        also, I'm not the guy from fife, is his car running like a three legged donkey too?

Comment

Yes he'd gone through the whole gambit of things to renew yet the misfire persisted. His car needed a crankshaft sensor as it wouldn't start intermittently even though the Hall sensor G40 had been renewed by his garage. Eventually a member on Classic Audi tried a vag com check which wasn't successful as it wasn't able to communicate with the ecu. A second hand one was bought and installed and the car is now running perfectly. I would get your car rigged up to vagcom and see what it throws up? Or if it is even communicating?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks for getting back. I got a diagnostic done yesterday and it came up with oxygen sensor and air intake sensor. Mechanic said the 02 would have been caused by the missfire and the temp senor was because I unplugged it whilst it was running. I'm fitting a new one tomorrow and I'm going to give the o2 sensors a clean. Also ordered a new ignition module today. Next step was going to be the ecu. Ive stripped the glovebox out and had a look at it, there doesn't seem to be any water damage, but there's nowhere else to go other than the scrappy after that. At least I know now someone else has had the same problem and managed to sort it. Thanks for the advice and for letting me know.

Comment

Working...
            X