Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes a lot of sense. A fair amount of the mapping session write ups report large amounts of time spent on diagnosing faults.

For reference

Automark live map
    Cost £395 + VAT – this gets you one day’s labour from me including any necessary diagnostic work, does not include any extra parts.

Recently I have been supplying MM 3 bar pressure sensor £89 + VAT (beware of cheap imitations).

Fitting the map sensor is included in the re map fee, as is fitting sockets on the pcb ,checking the car over before mapping work commences etc etc.
    So I guess he is also expexting to have to fix the car prior to mapping.

Dmitri seems to spend a fair amount of time diagnosing faults as well.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

89 quid for a 5 quid part.
      Nice going there

Personally I stopped using 3 bar sensors altogether, just use 4 bar ones now for everything.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I guess there is 1-2 hours work fitting though?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          I guess there is 1-2 hours work fitting though?
          Takes me 15 minutes tops.
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
            Takes me 15 minutes tops.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

fair enough
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                Not such a long time ago this was MRC. http://chips-ur-s.com/Entrance.html

They've done well and it's a business they are running. As previously mentioned, it mainly due to Mik's availability and the fact they would loose money on most S2's.
                I don't think you're going mad, Steve.

I remember Mik's old logo from years ago too. I'm sure Tom had it on a sticker on his tailgate.

Some of us remember when Mihnea was chip tuning in his spare time, more or less as a hobby. Much like Dmitri is doing now.
                Of course it's easier to spend more time with the cars then, without overheads of a workshop, staff and so on.

So I can't blame MRC for saying they don't do the old I5s.

The trouble is, some problems don't show up until a mapping session. I know when we took Bo's S2 for mapping, it developed minor boost leaks that didn't show up on its previous map. Of course Bo sorted them out himself, but some owners may not do this.

I know some people who buy cars, that usually are not running 100%, so they think getting some chips will make it better. Funny how they normally get rid of them after a short while of running ebay chips.
                SS

Comment

Digitec FTW 4wheeldrifter

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    Digitec FTW 4wheeldrifter

Mine were Starchip. I did 6.5k rpm in 5th a few times on those too, with a bleed valve set at 1.1 bar, so no boost control, no knock sensing, checksum errors.
                    Mik described them as "Chips full of nonsense".

Ahh... The good old days of S2 tuning, before Mihnea came along.

I still laugh when I see chip tests where Digi-Tec come out top for PS increase. I wonder how they do it?
                    SS

Comment

have you added Mr Peter K at PK-Motorsport?? i think he is one of the best tuners for sure.... many people talk very good things about him.great professional ¡¡

Stu, have you been using ramdon ebay chips in your S2 years back?
                      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                        have you added Mr Peter K at PK-Motorsport?? i think he is one of the best tuners for sure.... many people talk very good things about him.great professional ¡¡
                        Done, thanks.
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                          So I can't blame MRC for saying they don't do the old I5s.

The trouble is, some problems don't show up until a mapping session. I know when we took Bo's S2 for mapping, it developed minor boost leaks that didn't show up on its previous map. Of course Bo sorted them out himself, but some owners may not do this.

I know some people who buy cars, that usually are not running 100%, so they think getting some chips will make it better. Funny how they normally get rid of them after a short while of running ebay chips.

Yes that was annoying, I didn't expect the IM to be leaking through the fuel rail bolt threads and at the vacuum nipple threads.
                          All in all though the mapping session took about an hour and then Mihnea spent an hour or so modifying the ecu.

I think we where there less then 3 hours anyway and they got £575 pluss another couple of hundred for the map sensor from me so that's not bad money for a few hours work!
                          91 S2 coupé - RIP
                          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                            ... PK-Motorsport?? i think he is one of the best tuners for sure.... many people talk very good things about him.great professional ¡¡

Yes, indeed!
                            [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Lehmann Motoren-Technik AG
                              http://www.audi90.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Buff View Post
                                Lehmann Motoren-Technik AG
                                Tha would be a nice try, but AFAIK he tunes only "special" cars.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X