No announcement yet.

billet wheels on rs2 turbos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also keen to see the results in due course. Big potential market if it proves to be a significant worthwhile improvement.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
      from the manufacturer

"The overall weight is around 46g compared to 62g for the rs2 wheel. Now the comp wheel is attached to a shaft, bearings and another turbine wheel that weighs significantly more than the compressor wheel. In the end of the day it is only a 6-7% reduction in overall inertia moment, put the aero is what is really what will help. CAD modeling and flow analysis show it will be good for around 36lbs/min, or roughly 360whp really pushed at around 2.5 bar. We will see "
      I hope the flow analysis was a bit pessimistic as 36lbs/Min is only enough air for 400hp at best.

Comment

Any news on this project?
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

For sale on Hanks website

http://www.irozmotorsport.com/ims-rs2-billet/

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Mmmmmm..... billety

Is that $1150 exchange or $650 with the $500 exchange refund?

With shipping and customs charges, I'd need to add 25-30% to that price
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Pm Hank on here? Maybe he can just send you a wheel and you could get it fitted/balanced over here?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Mmmmmm..... billety

Is that $1150 exchange or $650 with the $500 exchange refund?

With shipping and customs charges, I'd need to add 25-30% to that price
                it is 650 with a 500 core charge, however if you are looking for more bang for your buck:

http://www.irozmotorsport.com/k26-billet/

k26 with a billet wheel

Comment

I currently have an RS2 turbo and am possibly needing to have it rebuilt.

What's 320 whp in Euro numbers?

$650 exchange is quite an interesting prospect.
                  Last edited by Rusty; 18 February 2013, 09:01.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

How many bolts are on that K26 inlet?

Comment

Less inertia is nice for sure. Is it a direct replacement in terms of trim or is it designed for higher / lower flow? I ran a k24 7000 billet hybrid for a bit and spool was very fast and it sucked air in like a beehatch

Comment

About 320 at the flywheel

Comment

damn, i would like to have one of those turbin wheel on my k26/k27 turbo...
                          1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                          2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                          2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Just seeing this thread. Sorry guys, I am not on here all that much.

We have seen this turbo break rods on beta cars at torque peak producing 33psi for reference. The Billet rs2 wheel holds 28 to redline, while hte billet k26's open up the top end a whole bunch becuase of the bigger turbine.

We have run these on stock rs2 chipsets, and they do pretty well on them till about 19-20 psi, after that, they flow too much for rs2 chipsets and more importantly rs2 injectors. This is the tell-tale that the compressors are flowing a lot more efficiently up top.

Here is a dyno plot of a billet rs2 on rs2 injectors, where the injectors are basically riding 90% DC shortly after torque peak. This required pulling boost out too keep Lambda values happy.

We have done 6+6 designs and 10-11-12 full blades designs both in analysis and prototype for this product. For the limitations of the #6 hotside, we felt that 10 full blades would have the best return for weight vs surface area. By adjusting the trim, we are able to get a much more healthy top end while keeping a great bottom end via lower inertia.

Someone in this thread snarked about how powerful OEM's tools are. I challenge you to model up an rs2 compressor wheel and run it through simulation. You will laugh at how poor it peforms given the weight and size of the wheels. Truth is, I have more powerful tools in my 10x10 office space than Borg Warner/KKK had in their company holdings when the k24 7200 was released. If you have ever seen/modeled 996tt k16s, you will lose faith quickly that oem's are after performance. It is unimaginable that a 120,000 EURO supercar built in 2003 came with essencially k24-7000 compessor wheels from the late 80s. They are the ones with all the technology right?

Hank
                            Last edited by URQguy; 26 February 2013, 19:49. Reason: Forgot picture
                            1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
                            2007 Infinity g35

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                              I hope the flow analysis was a bit pessimistic as 36lbs/Min is only enough air for 400hp at best.
                              That was on the original beta wheel pictured on the first page. We have since gone through a bunch of revisions in model, and a couple of revisions in physical prototypes. 40-42lbs/min is more reasonable.

These turbos outspool and out power gt2868r and 2871r, and the full k26 billet gives a 3071r a run for it's money.

Spool on the billet rs2 is 300-400 rpm sooner, and the full k26 is on par for the regular rs2.

One of the biggest feedback we have from customers is how smooth the power is, and how quiet the turbo is. Full blades have found a home in OEM's because of noise reduction that doesn't occur when turbulence hits the secondary blades.

If anyone is interested and wants to save on shipping, we do not need the turbine housing. If you want to upgrade the rs2, we technically would only need a good rs2 turbine/shaft, the front oil seal from the rs2, compressor backing plate and compressor cover. Those are pretty light items really.
                              1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
                              2007 Infinity g35

Comment

Does anyone produce a K27 billet compressor?
                                91 Modded 3B
                                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X