First DIY job and I f$%k it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as they say... @@@@ happens Karl!! :-)

BUT... top man for doing it yourself!! its the best way to learn, DIY. and.... if it all goes wrong, then we only have ourselves to blame! There's nothing much I wouldn't attempt on my S now.

Don't worry about it for a second mate, and..... look on the bright side.. you'll have a new cambelt fitted, so that's that for a log time

Cool!!
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
      as they say... @@@@ happens Karl!! :-)

BUT... top man for doing it yourself!! its the best way to learn, DIY. and.... if it all goes wrong, then we only have ourselves to blame! There's nothing much I wouldn't attempt on my S now.

Don't worry about it for a second mate, and..... look on the bright side.. you'll have a new cambelt fitted, so that's that for a log time

Cool!!
      Hi Martyn
      Haven't seen u on here for a while. Tried to fit the door window regulator today. Guess what? It's different ! ******. Will have to make the frame nearest the door lock fit somehow. One thing after another hey.! Seat foam turned up very quickly again mate. Cheers ears
      I'll e-mail u tomorrow. PS Should my turbo whistle all the time on spool up?
      Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
      Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
      Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
      Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

Hiya Karl,

yes, i have been quiet I know what with moving the company and me trying to find a house 150 miles away life is WAY too busy so I have zero 'spare time'. The window reg should be ok? let me know how it goes.

The turbo whistle? good question.... well I don't recollect my one ever whistling when I first bought her, but she does now it sounds like a super charger whistle!! really cool, Not sure if thats good or bad? anyone else??

Martyn

Originally posted by karlblues2
        Hi Martyn
        Haven't seen u on here for a while. Tried to fit the door window regulator today. Guess what? It's different ! ******. Will have to make the frame nearest the door lock fit somehow. One thing after another hey.! Seat foam turned up very quickly again mate. Cheers ears
        I'll e-mail u tomorrow. PS Should my turbo whistle all the time on spool up?
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

When I got my car, I hadnt repaired anything on a car yet. But when I heared the high labour costs to have something fix in a garage I decided to try it myself. With the good tools you can do almost anything yourself. But I always try to find a guide on this forum or elswhere on the internet and ofcourse collect a lot of information of the more technical people of the forum (porkkis, helped me a lot of times). Further I always make some pictures before I start, lay all the parts on a planket and try to connect the bolts and nut together which belong together. Like this I already changed a lot of parts, drivingbelt, waterpump, radiator, wastegate etc.
          But it always takes a lot of time, I never try to do something quick because this always lead to a lot of frustrations.

kind regards,

Erik
          Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Working...
          X