No announcement yet.

Air / Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeitronix is a wideband system and it's good.
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

ok ... as I have writen, a system that will show a precise info like 12.0 not lean/rich will be good system.
      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

you should check the links out when people post, plus I've always told people a simple lean-rich indicator is just that: a lean-rich indicator. the AEM one is expensive and uses the same cheap wideband sensors from Volkswagen/Audi 1.8Ts.
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

I edited the post to make it more understandable. Yes, You are right people should understand diference between simple indicator form and real afr numbers.

Cheap wideband sensors from Volkswagen/Audi 1.8Ts ?? I always thought that widesensors are made by Bosch. But I have never heard that car form VAG had stock wirebanda sensor. The only stock car with widebanda sensor is to what I know a Honda Civic.
          Last edited by Albert; 3 January 2005, 18:44.
          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

The latest 1.8T engines (2000 model year and later) all have wideband sensors. They are bosch but cost close to nothing from VW/Audi USA. 160 euros from Bosch europe, 150 euros from VAG europe, 35 US dollars from VW/Audi USA.

It is a real WB sensor, Bosch LSU-4, the NTK sensors used in Hondas are inferior and far more expensive. It's the same sensor as those used by the very expensive ETAS LA-4, which most german tuners have.

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

I have found some interesing info
              "The MoTeC Professional Lambda Meter is capable of operating with both the NTK UEGO and the Bosch LSU-4 5 wire wide band sensors. Of the two, the NTK is the more accurate. It is a true laboratory grade sensor. Its accuracy has been found to be about 1.5% better than that of the Bosch LSU. "

http://www.motec.com/products/plm/sensors.htm

Comment

MoTeC will honor the warranty on the PLM only if the sensors used with the PLM were sold by MoTeC
                this only means "we only warranty your PLM if we can **** you deep by selling you "our" expensive sensors". MoTeC have been doing this for ages.

If the NTK sensor is superior to a Bosch, I don't actually know that much, what I know is that the Bosch sensor is good up to 70.000kms on a tuned 225HP 1.8T and that it costs 10 times cheaper than the NTK. At that price, I can afford to have 10 sensors in stock just in case one of them goes bad.

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                X