No announcement yet.

Oil Temp Gauge Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi just been reading through this old thread to dertermine what he right oil temp should be. Mine stays about 60 may rise a little after a bit of hard use. Is this ok? If not do u think it is just the sensor?
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

That sounds low - should definitely be around the 90 mark once she's warmed up
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

this is the normal position:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

That's it yes
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Thankfully mine reads the same as the pic otherwise I'd have been driving around for the last 8 months with something wrong! lol!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Hi. Is it normaal that i have oil temp Under 130 in snow track day? After an your the reading goes from 90 to 120. If it goes that high i Will make Some slow circles to cool down. Is this temp making my car show red Alert in computer?

Comment

Normal to sit at 130 on track. As long as it's stable and goes mo higher. I think it's to do with the oil thermostat opening.

I fitted a larger oil cooler and it still sits at 130...
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

130c is pretty normal, but too high in my opinion. 100c is about optimum temperature for a good quality synthetic oil and running close to that would be ideal. As Rusty says the standard oil thermostat doesn’t appear to allow adequate oil flow to the oil cooler to achieve that. In an attempt to combat this I have fitted a Mocal thermostat with a lower temp stat, but I am yet to test it.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Normal driving its 90c. But on track 130c. How long i can drive with this temp?

Comment

Working...
                    X