What DV to buy? - RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What DV to buy? - RS2

Thinking of a diverter valve, but what type & where from?
    Anyone have a good used one for sale?

Darren

Standard Audi / Bosch part for S3 (ess THREE) is plenty good. Its alleged to have a tougher diaphragm than S2/RS2 item. Straight replacement.

paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
      Standard Audi / Bosch part for S3 (ess THREE) is plenty good. Its alleged to have a tougher diaphragm than S2/RS2 item. Straight replacement.

paul
      I have to agree with Paul on this. I have this now in the ABY and was no more than some 40 euros.
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

& if you are feeling a bit flush ...........................
        Attached Files
        DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

Go for after market and dont have to worry about replacing it again just service it every 40k for £5, go for a Forge or my fav AMD Viper superceeded now by the hypervalve.

Comment

I had one of those forge ones on when I bought the car, and it stalled all the time. Replaced with a standard one, and runs fine, yer pays yer money......

Comment

can o worms huh! The OE ones from the S3 are £13.27+vat, the OE S2 one is £22.01+vat and the Forge above is about £80 ish I think. I run Forge myself. You can use any of these, the OE ones work for a good period of time and are cheap, the bling bling ones are shiney and could last forever and sometimes.... can make a nice little noise or two! Choose which ever one fits your 'desires' really.... they all work..
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Yeah, real can 'o worms!! Will "what exhaust?" have the same effect?!

Darren.

Comment

HA!!!! just you try it!!!
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

When I asked the same question two others were suggested. 944 turbo (AMD recommendation) or the better still 933 turbo diaphragm DVs.
                    Alastair
                    RS2

Comment

wonder who makes those Porsche ones?, I bet Bosch. Who makes Audi ones? ;-)
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                        wonder who makes those Porsche ones?, I bet Bosch. Who makes Audi ones? ;-)
                        Agreed however the 944 was cheaper and the 933 is said to be higher spec. Just sharing info rather than pushing 'one over tuther'
                        Alastair
                        RS2

Comment

is there anyone on here who doesnt use a re-circulating DV? i see a lot of peopole who use the re-circs and just wondered if there was a major reason why they seem to be so popular?
                          Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Because you can't use a dumping one in a MAF car without mixture problems.

I have a forge one myself. It just need the spring kit IMO. I use the blue spring and pressure is applied to the side input. Blue one means that it just needs more vacuum to open and I like that.
                            -

Comment

Open to atmosphere ones are for cars like mine that have the MAF moved from its original position, or ppl who run a diffeent ECU system without a MAF.

The re-circ type is better on a std type intake system. The forge ones do make a good noise with a cone filter, Dougs sounds good.
                              sigpic
                              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                              Audi UR Quattro
                              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                              X