What DV to buy? - RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiman
    Open to atmosphere ones are for cars like mine that have the MAF moved from its original position, or ppl who run a diffeent ECU system without a MAF.

The re-circ type is better on a std type intake system. The forge ones do make a good noise with a cone filter, Dougs sounds good.
    i had an atmosphere forge one on my last car, which sounded good, might save up for the forge or dahlback dv and dahlback induction kit
    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Good idea Matt. Should make a nice little improvement to the noise!!
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

what kind of sound does Doug's make, i guess it's chattering if he is running a ton of boost but at homefry levels that chatter doesnt really happen huh? My stock DV with a cone just makes a whooosh on lift off and a sharper whoosh sound when driving hard

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
          Standard Audi / Bosch part for S3 (ess THREE) is plenty good. Its alleged to have a tougher diaphragm than S2/RS2 item. Straight replacement.

paul
          Hi
          does someone have the part number for this Audi or Bosch S3 dv?

thanx

Comment

i have emailed a company who supply forge stuff and they have said they contacted forge and they recommend this one for the S2, is this right?
            forge dv
            Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
            Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
            Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
            Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
            Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Technically yes, that one is piston type which is why they recommend it.

The 06 use on here is better reacting as it's diaphram type valve (i better just check that)
              Last edited by Jamo; 9 December 2004, 16:41.

Comment

Wrong, seems they have different spring rates.

http://www.seatcupra.net/review_forgedv.htm

Comment

so your saying use the 007 one?
                  Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
                  Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
                  Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
                  Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
                  Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

mine is the 006 type. It still is piston but it can be seviced and springs can be changed etc. I dont think you can open the 007 up. ........... I think
                    DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2.pt
                      Hi
                      does someone have the part number for this Audi or Bosch S3 dv?

thanx
                      06A 145 710N
                      Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

006 is a piston type. This is what I use but mounted in a reversed configuration. 007 is the same but with a cap that unscrews from the main body for servicing as opposed to both halves held together with allen bolts. Neither of these is diaphragm type and should be fitted with the newer ally piston as opposed to the early plastic one. 007 is smaller than the 006 and that is the only difference.

Very reliable hardware and has seen 30k miles without service. Forge customer service is second to none too. There are also a new range of fast-acting diaphragm valves from Forge now.

I can offer discounts on Forge products if required.

Lee
                        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                          006 is a piston type. This is what I use but mounted in a reversed configuration. 007 is the same but with a cap that unscrews from the main body for servicing as opposed to both halves held together with allen bolts. Neither of these is diaphragm type and should be fitted with the newer ally piston as opposed to the early plastic one. 007 is smaller than the 006 and that is the only difference.

Very reliable hardware and has seen 30k miles without service. Forge customer service is second to none too. There are also a new range of fast-acting diaphragm valves from Forge now.

I can offer discounts on Forge products if required.

Lee

Lee has his fingers in everything!

Well problem solved buy of Lee!

Comment

I've got a Bailey DV30 recirc type, looks good and sounds nice.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Lee, why did You use it in a reversed configuration ?
                              I should use the 006 type (what P.N. ? exactly is it?) or 007 ? The 007 is with unscrew bolts? What happens when I put a stronger spring into it ?
                              Thanx for answers !
                              OOOO

www.AudiKlub.org - the oldest and biggest Audi Club in Poland :thumbs:

Comment

Mine is this dual pistons... (bur silver)

Pretty noise!
                                Audi 100 TDI :mischeif:

MRC remap; Green Injectors; Champion Sparks; Forge DV 006; Samco Intake pipes; K&N filter
                                Xenon 6500k; Pillar Boost gauge; Alpine CDA 9835R on Bose with Infinity Sub
                                Oettinger 8x18" with GS-D3 225/40ZR18; Bilstein with H&R Springs (-40mm)

www.autopamplona.com
                                www.mrctuning.com

Comment

Working...
                                X