Coolant warning light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant warning light?

OK just spent an hour reading through old threads about this issue, lots of good info but just need a bit of input to clarify what's next.

If all levels and temps are fine but warning light still comes on is it OK to run the car to test when rad fan kicks in etc.

are u sure its the coolant warning?

If yes, then it should be a expansion bottle faulty sensor or shortcircuit in the wiring harness

Comment

Just bought a new bottle and cap from Audi

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        Just bought a new bottle and cap from Audi
        Did this fix the problem? was the warning light/buzzer on all the time? I have a similar problem at the moment, the warning lamp/buzzer is NOT on all the time, the coolant level is ok, engine temp ok according to gauges....is there anyway of testing the coolant bottle switch? ..cheers Condor
        :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

have you tried unplugging the MFTS to see if that cancels the light?

Comment

Could also be MFTS

EDIT: D'oh! Too slow
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Could also be MFTS

EDIT: D'oh! Too slow
              Thanks guys, No I've not tried unplugging MFTS... warning only comes on when the engines warmed up..and goes out on and off ...I need it to play up when I'm home and can try different things to track down the problem .. the engine doesn't appear to be overheating....
              I have found several threads here since posting my original message, seems like this happens quite abit ..
              :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

If your fan works, watch the temperature gauge and wait for the fan to cut in. If your coolant level is ok and the fan is working there is no danger of damaging your engine.

If this was not doing it before exp bottle change, I would suspect the new sensor.
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

very typical MFTS faulure mode.

did your aircon stop working as well? it did on mine. But the sensor was perfectly spot on, but it did send false overheat signal to ecu and climate ctrl head

Comment

Working...
                  X