S2 3b RS2 spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 3b RS2 spec?

Am i right in saying that the RS2 bits (turbo, manifold, injectors) will only go on an ABY S2 motor and not the 3B? If so what options have i got for more BHP? Standard at the moment bar a stainless system and a massive cone filter.
    monkeyboy

not sure what made you think that. They il fit straight onto the 3B too. I have a feeling the RS2 inlet manifold wont fit though because of the dizzy but I know john has one fitted to his 3B :S

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
      not sure what made you think that. They il fit straight onto the 3B too. I have a feeling the RS2 inlet manifold wont fit though because of the dizzy but I know john has one fitted to his 3B :S

Greg
      Thats right, check out my thread HERE

I've done some more stuff since then so it needs updating, basically remapping by Mihnea and Bosche Motorsport fuel pump and new fuel filter. The car is flying and is still to have final mapping.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
        Thats right, check out my thread HERE

I've done some more stuff since then so it needs updating, basically remapping by Mihnea and Bosche Motorsport fuel pump and new fuel filter. The car is flying and is still to have final mapping.
        The reason i thought this was because there is an RS2 turbo/manifold on ebay and it states it will fit an S2 93 onwards????????
        monkeyboy

Comment

What you should really do to be safe on a 3b if you RS2 it is to fit the later (metal) head gasket and later RS2 type big end shells, you will then be able to turn the wick up. And don't forget the RS2 intercooler too, very important.

All in all though you are looking at a fairly serious amount of wedge however you come by the parts, with the cone and exhaust you have on the car I would seriously recommend getting your ECU reworked by Mihnea or Paul S2 Central (who will fit one of Mihnea's generic 3B chipsets for you) You will get a serious performance upgrade for a very reasonable sum. You will also keep the quick spooling of the stock k24 turbo which actually makes the car extremely drivable.
          Last edited by newsh; 1 January 2005, 18:39.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
            What you should really do to be safe on a 3b if you RS2 it is to fit the later (metal) head gasket and later RS2 type big end shells, you will then be able to turn the wick up. And don't forget the RS2 intercooler too, very important.

All in all though you are looking at a fairly serious amount of wedge however you come by the parts, with the cone and exhaust you have on the car I would seriously recommend getting your ECU reworked by Mihnea or Paul S2 Central (who will fit one of Mihnea's generic 3B chipsets for you) You will get a serious performance upgrade for a very reasonable sum. You will also keep the quick spooling of the stock k24 turbo which actually makes the car extremely drivable.
            That's great, roughly what sort of price are we talking?
            monkeyboy

Comment

... (where's the delete button??)
              -

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy
                That's great, roughly what sort of price are we talking?
                Send a PM to S2central.net

do a search on "homefries" you'll find loads of info on it.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X