Water leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leakage

I am a little confounded. Here are the symptoms.

1 - I am losing coolant at a rate of 1 liter every 3 or 4 days. In other words a pretty big leak. I have looked but can find no leaks in the lines or under the car.

2 - While I was in there I just checked my oil level and I am up about 3 or 4 liters! Now that is crazy. I have never overfilled my oil to that extent.

I am now wondering if the two fact could be related. Can I be getting coolant leaking into the block and filling the oil sump? What would the symptoms be? I am going in tomorrow and emptying a little oil from the sump to check for water there.

Cracked head/blown headgasket by the sounds of things. Is the oil in the sump creamy coloured?? Or is it still clean??
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
      Is the oil in the sump creamy coloured?? Or is it still clean??
      Donno yet. Will be able to have a look tomorrow.

Just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel ..... If it is anything, I sure hope it is the headgasket.

Comment

Classic sound of a blown head gasket as Audiman has said.

Comment

Smart dudes-

Do I have to change the gaskets for the exhaust and inlet manifolds as well? My wrench is recommending that I do that but as I see it, all I really need is the RS2 head gasket "034 103 383 AD".

Comment

You can leave the manifolds on and the turbo as well, and lift it all off as one rich. Weighs a ton though so get a couple of mates to help you.

Comment

Cheers Martin, Slobo, Tom, Jamo and all the smart and edjukated Doods!! Nothing like a litttle BTDT.

Comment

Working...
              X