Samco Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samco Warning

Some people have already discovered this as it generated a little discussion at the South Mimms meet. Haven't seen this posted yet, so:

The Samco hose kit, while being top value and excellent (thank you!) rubs against the back of the headlamp casing when mounted. Even in the small amount of time some of them have been in place, some wear on the Samco can be observed.

The solutions seem to be varied - break the headlamp casing, prayer (!), and putting some small diameter hosing (split open) between Samco and headlamp. E.g.

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Originally posted by curlyks2

The solutions seem to be varied - break the headlamp casing, prayer (!), and putting some small diameter hosing (split open) between Samco and headlamp. E.g.

Ck.
    Have heard of this from some people. Doesn't affect everyone. The root cause is that Samco made the arrowed section in the attached image a little longer than it needed to be. This positions the MAF hose nearer to that edge of course.

Removing the hose and shortening it at the point where it enters the turbo, leaving enough room for the hose clip, is the best solution.

Interestingly Samco made this section of the 3B MAF hose even longer. I'll get them to fix it for the next 3B and ABY/ADU kits.

Paul
    Attached Files
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

When are the next kits going to be available? What was the total cost for a hose kit? Do Lee's hose kits include the same hoses?

So many questions...
      acidtrax

Comment

Lee's hose kits ? Think the wires are crossed there - he has a pressure testing kit - not hoses I'm aware of.

3B purchase is closing 21st Jan
        Next ABY/ADU purchase will open Feb

Price for either kit is £210 incl VAT, but not delivery .

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Oh, my bad, obviously confused myself as usual.

Cheers for the info. Will keep my eyes peeled for the ABY availablitity.
          acidtrax

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
            Removing the hose and shortening it at the point where it enters the turbo, leaving enough room for the hose clip, is the best solution.
            That'll be a bay put aside at the garage meet then - pressure testing and hose shortening
            Ck.
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Nice one Samco, guess they will offer free replacements for any that rub through?
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                Lee's hose kits ? Think the wires are crossed there - he has a pressure testing kit - not hoses I'm aware of.

3B purchase is closing 21st Jan
                Next ABY/ADU purchase will open Feb

Price for either kit is £210 incl VAT, but not delivery .

Paul
                I do single hoses in standard lengths for stuff like vacuum lines and Wastegate connections, oil breather etc. I do sell kits for many other cars as made by SFS but nothing specific to the S2/RS2.
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                X