Test Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Pressure

If there am it I do not lie down correct? When I have put pressure salia air by the tube that has the indication, I have put a cork so that it does not leave air, also I have put a cork in the tube of wastegate because the air also escaped. He is correct I throw?????? There was no problem............ had by the aspiration of I disturb, but small.
    Attached Files
    Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
    Barcelona

What is the question?
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
      What is the question?
      Lee, he has tried a pressure test from the MAF to the intake metal pipe just like you suggested. If I understand correctly he was loosing some air on the pipe you can see with the arrow (the small one from the turbo hose that goes into the cilinder head) and also on the wastegate.

He said he did block this two small hoses for the test. As I have never done one myself I don't know if you are suppose to block this two hoses but just from thinking there should not be any leaks anywhere if the system is presurized from the MAF to the Intake metal pipe after the IC.

Answers please.
      94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Ok, I read the pressure test instructions and the small hose that goes to the cilinder head need it to be blocked.

So this leaves the leak that was heard at the wastegate during correct pressure test (as wastegates told me, as he is from another part of Spain). Maybe he is confusing wastegate with DV but not sure.

I think, wastegate might be broken, diafragma? Can it be repaired? How?

Symptons of the car for standard ABY are (max boost 0.85 read at boost gauge) very low max torque c.a. 300nm and max torque achived close to 4000 rpm during dyno test.

Please help wastegates as he doesn't speak any english

Comment

It could be air escaping through the turbo seals? , mine does this, a couple of other cars do also.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
            It could be air escaping through the turbo seals? , mine does this, a couple of other cars do also.
            He is very sure about the wastegate, he said he put a nut on the top hole and no more air was leaking.

I will ask him to post here a picture of whre exactly was he leaking air from.

Cheers

Comment

Ok, I have been reading through the forum and I think I got the correct answer for his problem.

If during the Pressure test some air was leaking through the wastegate this means the the WGFV (or N75) is broken or a little stuck open so air in going through it while it should not.

Am I correct?

Comment

Leak air on indication
                Attached Files
                Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                Barcelona

Comment

Probably worth changing it then, if its the original one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                    Probably worth changing it then, if its the original one anyway.
                    But should any air get pass the N75 or WGFV during pressure test?

Comment

Hello friends, I want to thank to The Spanish to help me to solve the problem. I put a photo of the N75 and to solicit that me answer where they go connected the tubes, because I have the impression that this mounted to the misfortune. The left part of the tube of the photo where it goes, to wastegate or the admission????. The part of down already that it goes to I am disturbed. If it is possible they draw in the photo. Thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                      Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by wastegates
                        Hello friends, I want to thank to The Spanish to help me to solve the problem. I put a photo of the N75 and to solicit that me answer where they go connected the tubes, because I have the impression that this mounted to the misfortune. The left part of the tube of the photo where it goes, to wastegate or the admission????. The part of down already that it goes to I am disturbed. If it is possible they draw in the photo. Thanks
                        User friendly translation

The other picture of the WGFV is not his.

He thinks he might have the WGFV connected the worng way round.
                        Following the picture where are the hoses suppose to go?

Left = ?
                        Right = ?
                        Down = ?

Cheers

Comment

Here you go.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

if that position is correct, exists the free flow and air in direction of wastegate. It is that the pressure test saved the air by the N75 in direction of wastegate.
                            Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                            Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by wastegates
                              if that position is correct, exists the free flow and air in direction of wastegate. It is that the pressure test saved the air by the N75 in direction of wastegate.
                              @ Wastegates

Ponlo en español porque no entiendo lo que quieres decir.

@ Tom: During a pressure test with engine off. Is any air suppose to go through the WGFV in the wastegate direction? Or is the WGFV blocking that route?

Last edited by The Spanish; 6 February 2005, 22:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X