Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Vacuum Hose under backseat, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Vacuum Hose under backseat, help?

Well today my car battery died, so i have borrow a dry cell one from my friend and iam going to drive to a dealer and get a new one tomorrow. Since the old one is finished. However when i removed the backseat i noticed this little purple vacuum hose, see pictures:

The funny thing was that the purple hose was not connected as shown on the picture, was just lying there. I then myself reconnected the purple vacuum hose. However i dont know what this hose does, but perhaps it is the reason why my car has been idleling really bad?
    As you can guess i have not yet started the car, so dont know what effect it will have. Hope some one here could tell me.

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

As far as I know, this is the vcuum hose for Your Central Locking System! Are You sure all doors have been locked when You use it? It also could have fallen of during the removal of the seat!

Vegard

Comment

Might be the diff lock hose? If it is this and it wasn't connected I think you will have had a boost leak. Connecting it should make the car run better!
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by Technogym
        As far as I know, this is the vcuum hose for Your Central Locking System! Are You sure all doors have been locked when You use it? It also could have fallen of during the removal of the seat!

Vegard
        Could the hose pup off if i open the door without using the remote, since i had no power, and had to crawl through the trunk and the open the doors from the inside. I cant open the door with my key, since the cylinders arms are removed.

/Jonas R.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Without being 100% sure I dont think that is the solution. The vacuum pump sits behind the side cover. One the other side You have a container that kind of a accumulator. Cant remember wich side, but I think thar hose goes under the left rear side cover, and ends up in the accumulator! The pump is on the right side. There You will see two hoses coming out!

Cheers

Vegard

Comment

Nope Jonas. The hose didn´t jump off just because you fooked around with the doors or locks. I mean it´s for the diff locking in the back. Nothing to do with idling. And as a boost leak it will not give you more power or even feel better now.

Søren S2
            Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Hope not my english teacher see this!

Comment

Its funny. Just three days ago I needed to buy a new battery and this purple duct was eroded on top of the old batt. Still wonder if it caused any fault.
                Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

That is the Diff Lock hose! Was your diff locking? I think you had not a boost leak because between that and the manifold is a One-Way valve that has onlly vacuum! No Boost!
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Well i dont know if my diff was locking. If it was how would that feel, but perhaps as some one mentioned the hose might have fallen off while removing the backseat.
                    Anyways have not noticed that the hose has been off last time i removed the backseat.
                    Anyways the hose is back on, is it bad that is was not on?

/Jonas R.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

No it was not bad! This hose had on my car ca. 20 holes when i purchased it!

If the diff locks the ABS disengages and on a tight turn the back of the car rumbles!
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

That pink hose the auxiliary vacuum hose - it runs to your difflock controller. Under vacuum this hose represents a source of unmetered air.

Also if hose is broken *before* the check valve, then it will also be an air leak under boost conditions.

Paul
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                          That pink hose the auxiliary vacuum hose - it runs to your difflock controller. Under vacuum this hose represents a source of unmetered air.

Also if hose is broken *before* the check valve, then it will also be an air leak under boost conditions.

Paul
                          Well the purple hose was disconnected where the arrow is, dont know if this could cause a boost leak?

/jonas r.
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

It won't cause a boost leak as its 'behind' the check valve... BUT you will have had a source of unmetered air under idle/vacuum/overrun conditions.

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                            X