Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which forge when runing 1.4bar & 1.1bar peak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which forge when runing 1.4bar & 1.1bar peak?

Well cant figure out if i should get the FMDV006 or the 007?

Iam running 1.4 boost to around 5000 rpm and peaking at 1.1 bar. If i get the 006 is it just a straight fit or should one get a different spring?

And can wrong spring type hurt the turbo in any way?

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Yes it can, Jonas.
    I had the Bailey Motorsport one. It has no adjustment. Fitted it one 4 cars now and it sounds and works like clockwork. I don´t like the Forge ones.
    But that´s just me...

Søren S2
    Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Originally posted by SøernS2
      Yes it can, Jonas.
      I had the Bailey Motorsport one. It has no adjustment. Fitted it one 4 cars now and it sounds and works like clockwork. I don´t like the Forge ones.
      But that´s just me...

Søren S2
      So lets say i want a bailey DV, which one should i get and what is the price? And is it a straight fit?

i dont want to have to weld to get it on.

/Jonas R.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

http://www.baileymotorsport.co.uk/ba...orsport/1.html

DV 24 or DV 26

Not wleded.

Søren S2
        Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Yeah but the DV 24/26 does not look like they are for recirk. which is what i need

/Jonas R.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Well I can tell which Forge not to get! I lent my Forge DVR (diaphram TBV) to a guy with a urS6 to see if it sorted out some of his problems. I had recently bought a 006 for my car as I was told this is the right TBV for high boost applications. He brought it back tonight saying it was not working well - it was blowing air through when on boost.

I open it up and the middle of the rubber diaphram had been ripped out and what is worse, the bit that tore off is not in the DV. OK, where did it go? It can only go one direction and that is towards the turbo. Yes - the turbo is making a whining noise, he says We take off the MAF to Turbo hose and the piece of rubber has hit the compressor impellers - breaking off one and hurting some of the others.

If the diaphram just got a hole in it it would have been fine but when a piece of the diaphram is ripped off it becomes a turbo killer

So don't get a Forge DVR! and if somebody has one, change it for a piston type like the FMDV007P or FMDV006 in case of very high boost (1.6 bar +)
            1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
            2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
            2006 Misano Red RS4
            2004 VW Touareg V8
            2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
            2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

Working...
            X