Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Manifold Removal??

Hi peeps,

I'm trying to remove my cylinder head, and I have remove everything required, except the exhaust manifold. I have remove all the nuts off the studs, and I have removed all but 5 of the studs, and I am finding it very difficult to get to these. I cannot move the head side ways an up because of the dowels in teh head. Has anyone got a BTDT of how to get round this?? Thanks in advance.

Roo

I found it easier to remove it with both manifolds and the turbo still attatched, a bit of manovering is required to clear the dowels in the block and studs on the back of the turbo which are in the downpipe.
    Its bloomin' heavy mind!

martin

Comment

How do you get it off dowels in the block, and then forward off the studs in the turbo???

Comment

Will a stud extractor fit on the studs on the lower side of the exhaust manifold???

Comment

Have you undone the downpipe where it is connected to the bottom of the gearbox?
          That should give a bit more play in the downpipe. You should only need to lift it a few mm to clear the dowels in the head then pull it all forward to clear the turbo from the downpipe.

martin

Comment

Working...
          X