What's in your catch tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your catch tank?

I drained my catch tank for the first time ever today. Does this look normal?

I don't mean is it normal to drain it into a tub that's far too small and end up with gunk all over the garage floor but rather - does the colour /nature of the gunk look typical. uploadfromtaptalk1448056562960.jpg

If there is no decent separator in the breathers then you will end up with emulsified oil and water. This looks more like a Korma mind you, Indian for me tomorrow I think.

Comment

Normal enough.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, mucky water, normal.

(Unless you do a few laps of Coombe on the limit in which case it will be full of oil )

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
          If there is no decent separator in the breathers then you will end up with emulsified oil and water. This looks more like a Korma mind you, Indian for me tomorrow I think.
          [emoji3] Lol, I do see the resemblance but I can't say it makes me want to rush out and buy one.

I don't have a separator. But as other than that it looks normal I'll continue to bottle korma.

Comment

Looks normal for normal use, loads of water from condensation, and a small amount of oil.

As John says track use will fill it with oil if using normal breathers into the catch tank (in a very short time!)
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I drained mine and it was empty. On my B5 S4 it was just like the above pic. Lots of water and some oil.

Comment

It depends of what kind of performance you have... If its stock you will have only water

Comment

Working...
                X