Help Needed With G69 F60 Throttle Potentiometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed With G69 F60 Throttle Potentiometer

As per title just changed the said item and the car is now idleing high at 1100 rpm and it doesn't drive nice either is there a set way to replacing these, part no on the box is 078-133-154 it's a bosch item.

thanks

G69 / F60 Throttle valve position potentiometer /idle switch information

G69 / F60 Throttle valve position potentiometer /idle switch information:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20405.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Run the codes and have a look the measuring blocks in Vagcom to see if its working correctly
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Did you align the potentiometer? I've realigned it twice when changed the Throttle cam. See if the throttle plate closes fully and if the idling switch in it clicks if you open the throttle valve a bit. As the throttle closes, the F60 switch gets pressed and activates the N71 ISV. When you touch the throttle (and hear the clicking sound), the F60 disengages, and turns off the N71 since your throttle valve has opened.

As I've said, I did the realignment procedure twice in the last week, couldn't get it right where I wanted.

Comment

Throttle Body/Switch alignment DIY

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
          Did you align the potentiometer? I've realigned it twice when changed the Throttle cam. See if the throttle plate closes fully and if the idling switch in it clicks if you open the throttle valve a bit. As the throttle closes, the F60 switch gets pressed and activates the N71 ISV. When you touch the throttle (and hear the clicking sound), the F60 disengages, and turns off the N71 since your throttle valve has opened.

You could follow this DIY as a guide:

http://12v.org/urs/DeephousesThrottleBodyDIY.pdf

Comment

Hi Guys
            Thanks for all the input, followed the diy guide Dave posted (Thanks Dave) and all is good the car is now ticking over at 800/840 rpm also looks ok on the vcds Had a nice code pop up 00543 engine speed exceeded engine warranty void to much i think and the solution from vcds was take lead out of foot anyway thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
              Hi Guys Thanks for all the input, followed the diy guide Dave posted (Thanks Dave) and all is good the car is now ticking over at 800/840 rpm also looks ok on the vcds Had a nice code pop up 00543 engine speed exceeded engine warranty void to much. i think and the solution from vcds was take lead out of foot anyway thanks again.
              How many of you have had this or should have had this code? Better be all of you.

00543 (2214) Engine speed to max exceeded

-Signal too large
              -Engine over revs (switching fault)
              -Possible engine damage
              - Engine speed has exceeded 7200 RPM as a result of an operating fault (your right foot is too heavy)

(It's a real code)

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...ecu_faults.htm

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                How many of you have had this or should have had this code? Better be all of you.

00543 (2214) Engine speed to max exceeded

-Signal too large
                -Engine over revs (switching fault)
                -Possible engine damage
                - Engine speed has exceeded 7200 RPM as a result of an operating fault (your right foot is too heavy)

(It's a real code)

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...ecu_faults.htm

Yep, had that one on both of mine....a few times.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                X