Turbo upgrade options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
    TJ:What's the good turbo for 500HP+ with fair spool up?
    Garrett:GTX3071; GTX3076; GT35My GT2871
    KKK/BorgWarner: K27.2 with 3371O or 3375X wheel and 9 or 11 exhaust housing, EFR 7670 or 8374
    and also some oft the Airweks turbos. And several Precision, Holset, and many others I think.

now the car is running with
    MTM Turbo(it has RS2 compressor wheel but stock K24-7000 turbine).
    are you sure with that? I do not know any MTM turbo with that configuration. And the K24/7200 shaft is 10mm, the K24/7000 shaft is 8,5mm. I don´t know how that should work MTM fitted the 2672 compressor wheel from RS2 turbo to a K26 turbine with a smaller exducer as the normally used one. Maybe it is this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Quattronaut View Post
      Garrett:GTX3071; GTX3076; GT35My GT2871
      KKK/BorgWarner: K27.2 with 3371O or 3375X wheel and 9 or 11 exhaust housing, EFR 7670 or 8374
      and also some oft the Airweks turbos. And several Precision, Holset, and many others I think.

are you sure with that? I do not know any MTM turbo with that configuration. And the K24/7200 shaft is 10mm, the K24/7000 shaft is 8,5mm. I don´t know how that should work MTM fitted the 2672 compressor wheel from RS2 turbo to a K26 turbine with a smaller exducer as the normally used one. Maybe it is this one?
      that's probably right.i have this MTM Turbo on my possession for years.i did measure the compressor wheel inducer/exducer but need to dig it up somewhere.
      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I've contacted Vidar, he still has some K24's, at an acceptable cost. At the moment he has 2, but I didn't quite catch what he was trying to say, quote:

"2 style - one with littl large comp whell and one with a big comp whell."

What did he mean by that?

Comment

One is just littl bigger then original . And i have one that is close to the ones in the k26 special . Big diam around 71mm

Comment

Which would be better for a daily? Which spools faster? As I'm limited to 2 bar max, faster spooling turbos would be a priority.
            Last edited by RichLV; 20 June 2016, 14:26.

Comment

Vidar, are these k24s from RS2 base or from S2/S4 base?

For better spooling it's always the smaller--> the better.

Comment

Isn't it that turbine wheel sizes influence the spool time more than compressors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by RichLV; 21 June 2016, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by ringbearer View Post
                  Keeping the k24 frame with its oil and water lines sure keeps it easier. The new kkk from the ttrs can also be made to work, iroz has done a couple of them. If you want modern tech and spool get the little efr used on eBay and put it on one of Alberts affordable tube headers. It's a can of worms but may be worth it.
                  Iroz also have an adapter to fit an EFR onto an RS2 or Wagner manifold, and other bits to make them pug and play. Not sure if they sell these separately but they are advertised as part of their kits.

http://www.irozmotorsport.com/20v-efr-kkk-turbo-kits/

Comment

I'm interested on EFR but the problem is on the flange between EFR and RS2 exhaust manifold too.I don't know what is the exhaust inlet flange style on EFR.Anyway the price of the EFR turbo is something i need to think even more lol.
                    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I have some turbos with k24 7000 base ( wil be fast and give same power as rs2)
                      K24 72000 base - 2 style one with just littl bigger comp wheel and one with a large comp wheel .
                      K26 with large compwheel
                      K26/27 i also have a few of .

Comment

Originally posted by vidar skotheim View Post
                        I have some turbos with k24 7000 base ( wil be fast and give same power as rs2)
                        K24 72000 base - 2 style one with just littl bigger comp wheel and one with a large comp wheel .
                        K26 with large compwheel
                        K26/27 i also have a few of .
                        Vidar, I've PM'ed you for the specs of the 7200 turbos.

Comment

I'm interested on EFR but the problem is on the flange between EFR and RS2 exhaust manifold too.I don't know what is the exhaust inlet flange style on EFR.Anyway the price of the EFR turbo is something i need to think even more lol.
                          I run the efr 6758 on my Urs4. Get it with a v band turbine housing and it's easy to make an adapter between kkk flange manifold and v band turbine housing. The sizes are very similar and anyone that can cut and weld can do it.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Garrett GTW34

Comment

Hello, I upload this thread because I am installing a gt2871r on my s2 and I would like to know what diameter I would need for the water and oil inlet and outlet hoses, at the oil inlet they gave me the restrictor where I bought the turbo. Thank you very much and best regards

Comment

Working...
                              X